• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 15, 2003

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmph, the hemi in the 682 is about as real as the one in the Rams and Durangos . . . . then again Ford's "Hemi" wasn't a real hemi either.

Tedd-
A couple years ago when Red Power Roundup was in Iowa, someone showed up with an old cab-over IH tractor with the sleeper removed and an airstream taking up the remaining length of the chassis. I don't know if it had the DV-550 or a DT-466 engine but it was a real nice setup.

Lonny...
Here's an idea for your 123
happy.gif

14527.jpg

Thanks to KENtucky for sending us three new smileys...

rtfm.gif

jawdrop.gif

banned1.gif

Wyatt
The "hemi" in the 682 is a doctored photo as was shown here sometime back. The "hemi" in the Ram/Durango is a real "hemi", with hemispherical combustion chambers (according to Dodge, and hence it's name), albeit it is not the same as the "hemi" of days gone by - valve angles different, combustion chamber flatter, etc., but a hemi never the less. As for high power Cub Cadets, there is a Cub Cadet puller in this area, called the Jet Cadet, (not the same one that was at the rained out Huntington, IN PD)that has a turbine engine in it. I've not seen it pull, but it sure sounds impressive when it's running

Paul B. I saw "a turbine" puller at the Dale, Indiana Fall Festival. Don't know if it's the one you're referring to (don't recall the name on it) but it was really impressive. They pulled it after dark and it lit up the whole area. Shot a flame 15 foot into the air. Was fun to watch.

Bryan sent these. Sorry they are slightly crooked, I couldn't straighten them out.
14535.jpg

14536.jpg

Paul
The one I saw was at the Boonville show a couple of years or so ago.

Those V8 Cubs are pretty cool. Thanks for all those, I didn't have a few of them.

Question. Here are 2 pics, one of my 123 and one of the 102. Notice that the 102 has the back cover that attaches to the transaxle. The 123 is missing that. Here is my questions, What is the main purpose for that panel? Does it need to be off for the 3pt. hitch?
14539.jpg

14540.jpg

Jeff R. -

The cast part would have a real tough time sitting where that panel is
wink.gif

Of course, if ya didn't have a slant-grille ya'd never have to worry about such oddities...
lol.gif

Bryan!
jawdrop.gif
lol.gif
You know, I don't think that we need to start THAT again... But since you brought it up, I hope that you enjoy all that plastic on your wideframes...
clappy.gif

Jeff -

Ah, the power of a mod...

And let's see - two plastic knobs and a plastic handle on the lift. Plastic on the steering wheel and a plastic center cap. And a plastic gas tank (look ma, no leaks!) and a plastic <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> Yep, a whole lot of structural plastic goin' on...

Jeff,

Yes the panel needs to be off for the 3 point. That panel helps hold in the grass clipings to insulate the transaxle for winter operation.
crazy.gif

Really I think that panel make for a finished look as for a function I do not know.

Paul,
I know it is a "retouched" photo, but I like the touch that it was given.
happy.gif

Tedd -

Well, at least the BACK end had a finished look
lol.gif

The engine is by definition of the creators of the original Hemi a "crescent", they credit Daimler marketing with the Hemi designation. They regard the new Daimler engine as one with a domed piston and canted valves. A true hemi would never even approach CAFE and EPA standards because of the hemispherical transition to the top ring land, this is the area that is most emissions-sensitive. Eliminating this area so that there is a defined step deviates from a Hemi engine and becomes merely a domed piston with canted valves, as was the incorrectly named Boss 429 Hemi, which to my understanding was never made a true hemi because Ford engineers couldn't get any life out of the cylinder because the carbon on the top ring land ended up scoring the cylinder so bad.

I've finally faced the fact that I'm never gonna restore any of my Cub cadets. I've finished the guest bathroom, the barn improvements, the re-plumbing of the pool, and have begun in earnest on finishing my old big block Vette ragtop. All of those things had to be done before I began on my Original. But then I went and bought a mahogany runabout (Century) that will take two years to disassemble and restore. I guess I'll just keep fixing the CC's and working them....

Hey Johnny Sonshine, since you won't have the time to work on your cubs you can let me have 'em! I'll meet ya half way from Orlando, lets say Fort Pierce? I'll buy lunch! ;o)

Bryan, that was not fair.... Now it looks like I never gave you the bird. Oh well, one small battle lost, but the war ain't over...
lol.gif

Back