• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 13, 2014

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
292658.jpg

I thought I might just post while I'm in a good mood. I don't think I've said out loud lately just how much I enjoy working on my cubs. At only 34yrs, I'm an absolute "car guy" and have built 2000HP drag cars and beautiful winning show cars. Mostly out stuff like 50s-70s fords and chevy's. but cars have gotten so overly complicated. I dread even popping the hood on the daily drivers just to change the oil. It's like horrible sensory overload in those engine bays these days. Don't get me wrong I fully embrace computers and technology.

But there is something so calming, so famiar, therapeutic even about fiddling with my cubs. They are so simple, so affordable, so hard working... Man, I lo e my cubbies.

And thank you Charlie, for giving me a place to say that where people actually care about that.

Oh yeah, happy B-day Kendall. That's a pretty sweet cake! (Pun intended)

Wyatt C - yes I get the contact area is smaller but you must be getting slippage, especially with a 54in. blade.

Happy Birthday Kendall = great cake there.

Nic - that's a great story and you're absolutely right.

Kendall H. Definintely...<u><font color="0000ff">HAPPY BIRTHDAY.</font></u>
happy.gif

Harry B. Thank You for the compliment. I thought the same thing. Training video for beginners. I always just jack up one end of the rear and place the chains on the top and slowly rotate. And yes... You said it best with your summarization.

Yesterday, I saw an old friend and we had a chance to visit for a short while. He's 76 years young and decided that next spring he needs to start downsizing his Cub Cadet and other tractor collection. Apparently I may be one of the first ones to check everything out. That is great news because he has some neat items.

Off to work. every be safe and ahve a wonderful week.

Harry, yes I get a little, but much less than with wider tires. Its probably a little less than wide ags with chains, I used to use those, but in the spring when I'm switching back and forth from snow to yard duty it didn't make sense for me. The tires are a nice match to the 54" blade, just like with any attachment, pushed or drawn, it comes down to judicious use and placement of weight. Our snow isn't that light, nowhere near some of the wet lake effect some folks see, but I'm not far enough west to see any of that "white smoke" thats common in the rockies.

Kendal, Happy (late) Birthday!

Hydro, excellent point about straightening chains after storage! I hang mine up on a heavy duty nails I have driven into studs in my garage just for them so they rarely get tangled. One year they did get tangled after I dropped them and they were a mess to sort out.

Nic,
happy.gif

Hello OCC,
I’ve doing some selling and tractor fund finally has some funds in it.
The next logical step is to get another Cub, I’m sure you would all agree.
My thought was to look upgrade for my 107, which has been my
go to work tractor for the yard and especially snow removal with a QA36.
Because of the awkward shape of my driveway there is a lot of forward and
back, which is a breeze with the hydrostatic transmission. So my search
for an upgrade has leaned toward Cubs with hydrostatic, until I fell in
love with a nicely done 104 with a creeper. I’ve a couple of manual Cubs
before, none with a creeper, and they haven’t worked well for me with
keeping the RPMs up for the thrower and going slow enough to make it through.
The question is, I think I’m willing to put up with a manual forward and reversing,
but will a 104 with a creeper go slow enough to move snow effectively? What I
don’t want, is to kicking myself down the road for the lack of a hydrostatic.
Thoughts?
Thanks,
Frank
board-post.pl

Back