• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 13, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sblunier

displayname
Steve Blunier "Mr. Plow" (Central IL)
Denny,

The Farmall Cub mufflers make a nice "in between" sound. Their baffling is not very restrictive (4 tiny cylinders) so they sound very authoratative on a single Kohler........

Kraig:
I noticed you're using graphite paint on the interior parts of your thrower. I thought you used to use slip plate?

confused.gif

Bryan C.....Shipping starts Friday (12-16) or Monday (12-19) for the Yellow Book from the Motorbooks warehouse.

Ray, Sam Ting. Slip-Plate is a brand name of a graphite paint.

STEVE - I wish I had pic's of my Yard. I have about 60-70 trees on My 2.3 acres and I prune them so the lowest branch in just over 4 ft above the ground so My lawn vac can fit under them. Cub muffer on a CC would restrict Me from that with the normal verticle mounting. I suppose I could mount it crossways under the hood like the later model mufflers, 128/129, etc. Those mufflers are not straight through and I suspect they tend to build a little heat in the engine. Something I'm trying to stay away from. THANKS for the idea..... I'll look into it!
thumbsup.gif

Kraig,
Thanks.
Now that I'm inheriting the 147 AND possibly purchasing an old QA42, I'm paying attention to the thrower and hydro talk.

Denny,

They are probably rated for about the same exhaust flow 60 cuin at 1800 vs. 32 cuin at 3600, so I wouldn't think they would be too bad, but your trees make the vertical mount a bad plan, that's for sure.

I have a rule about trees.....If my hat touches a branch when I walk under (about 6'4")...it get's trimmed to eliminate that PITA!!!!!!
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

I definitely like the idea of a straight thru muffler. I think the Stanley is the only Cub muffler available now, I don't think Mark's Tractor Parts makes the Cub, just A/B/C, H & M. On the smaller engines You can't tell that much of a difference in tone but on a healthy M the Stanley's just don't sound right, while Mark's do. I almost bought one of Mark's for Dad's M but He always chops the @$@# things off to fit into His garage, and He ain't chopping up MY $100 muffler. But I bet with a 32 cid single feeding it the Cub muffler does sound good.

Better than our "wintery mix, snow, rain, or freezing rain"........I hate that black ice crap!!!!

Their saying up to 9" for up here by the time this is all done sometime on Thursday.

1' to 3" tonight in mid Mi. and snow on and off the next few days. Looks like one last time to use the snow blower before I take off for Phx. Az. for a few weeks of sunshine!

Anyone using the osceola.k12.fl.us domain -

Y'all got a virus...

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

Y'all got a virus...<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

Isn't that kind of like "you have mail"???
happy.gif

Been snowing light here in DuPage County since 5 this morning. Still light and blowing...

Tedd -

Not when (a) there's nobody here registered under that domain and (b) the virus wasn't kind enough to use the victim's return address
lol.gif

Tedd,
In my best Chicago Mobster voice, "Fogettabbodit"! They just lifted the snow advisory.

Tom -

How much we got up there? Anything to look forward to??

Well I'll say one thing.
Those freakin 149's are GAS HOGS!
I usually get at least 4 blocks worth of throwin in the 1450, this thing didn't make it around 2 before it wanted more, Grrrrrrrrrrr
But the cab was half way nice, even though this was a wet heavy snow, the ole QA36A still spit it out quite well.
32937.jpg

32938.jpg

I shoulda told the wife about gettin up wind though! LOL
32939.jpg

I pushed a few piles up with the 1450 and hit it with the 149. It bogged down a little but went right on through. I'm thinkin maybe the cab and thrower might just transfer over to the 1650, or back to the ole standby 1450.
32941.jpg

(Message edited by cproctor on December 14, 2005)

Back