• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 12, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jderstine

displayname
Jeff Derstine
Melody
I had the exact same gas "drooling" problem on my 122 when I got it.

The float had a leak and would slosh when shaken. A new float ( and bowl gasket ) solved the problem.

Jeff

ISO question 2, anyone know how thick to machine solid mounts? what sort of +- does the drive shaft allow? (3 speed)

Found a good sorce for parts in Connecticut, I came found a guy selling off his cub parts, he has a good amount, located in CT

Jeff D, i'm going to rebuild the carb when I'm home at xmas time.

All these snow pics are making me jealous up here in Detroit Lakes, MN. We did not feven get a snow flake out of that storm, and down south got dumped on. I was doing the snow dance to get it to come up north even..... maybe i danced it wrong. Well either way, ol grumpy is just a waiting for some action!

217833.jpg

Here is the blade on the diesel last year before i put it on a quick attach plate for the loader.

217834.jpg

Pushes a nice wide path, but gotta watch out for the ditches that sneak up on you!

217835.jpg

Hope everyone got dug out and is staying warm!

starter generator vs. bendix drive starter?
which do you guys prefer. i have owned tractors with both, and i would have to say i prefer the starter generator. you dont have to remove the flywheel to service the charging system. the starter drive is also allot more quieter. starter generators are barely audible, while the bendix drive starter is very loud for a starter. which one charges the battery better?

Tim T., that looks to be a standard unmodified QA36 and it should mount right up to your 147. I suppose it could be bent apart making it appear wider, if that is the case just bend the subframe arms back together. I need to bend mine back together as they are slightly sprung apart from years of use.

After church today I spent several more hours clearing snow. Wow what a difference with that double spring PTO clutch. Wes, I hope you are correct that this one should last. So far I'm happy with it.
happy.gif
After I finished clearing snow I was going to haul some trailer loads of fire wood in. I left the 125 run while I was shoveling out the firewood pile and the engine started to stumble and quit. I tried to restart it but with the charging system not working the battery was dead. Thankfully I had cleared out a big area around the firewood and was able to get my truck close enough to hook up the jumper cables. I let it charge for a few minutes while I shoveled snow from between the firewood piles. In the 18 years that I've I've been heating with wood I've never had to shovel snow from between the firewood piles. There's over 2 feet of fresh snow between the piles.
angry.gif
Anyway after I let the battery charge for a while I tried to start it again. It would turn over but no fire. By now the choke cable and throttle cables are starting to ice up from all the snow on them. I went to the shed and got a spark plug wrench to check if it had spark. No spark!
bash.gif
While I'm thinking of what all could be wrong I start to brush the snow off of the carb and coil and what not and I notice that one wire from the coil was broken right at the crimp connector. I had some tools in the back of the truck so I grabbed those and got the wire stripped back and a new spade connector crimped on, put the tools away, (yes that is usually not a smart thing to do but I was feeling blessed), closed the hood and cranked it over. What do you know it started!
bouncy.gif
I quickly got the jumper cables removed and the truck moved out of the way and got the Cub back in the shed where I have electricity. I'll deal with thawing it out and hauling in firewood later. I'm tired.

Aaron,
icon_eek.gif
I hope you were able to get that back out of the ditch! I bet it made for an exciting ride.
happy.gif

Hey everyone, Well my little part of the world got 4.3 inches of the fluffy white stuff.
I really think the 127 with QA36 snowthrower loves that amount, did awesome.
Now need to put weights on and see how it works then, did slip a little,
we had ice before the snow.

Got our first snow here in southeast Iowa, Have had both tractors ready for quite awhile, so it was time to get the boys out and play, there;s nothing better than a cab when the wind is blowin and the snow blows back at you!!!
217841.jpg

Paul B., when I first glanced at your photo as it scrolled by I thought it was a real person and a full size Cub. Ya got me!
blush.gif

Jeff U., I like your idea on the cam follower, let us know how it works.
greenthumb.gif

Yes I do play guitar. I have a 1976 El Maya Les Paul copy (made in Japan) and a 1977 Fender Twin Reverb. I bought both of them new, way back when I was in high school. I also have an Epiphone Les Paul (made in China), an Epiphone Elitist Les Paul (made in Japan), a Rocktron Replitone amp, a Behringer Firebird Gx108 practice amp, some effects and a couple of cheap acoustic guitars.

217849.jpg

217850.jpg

217851.jpg

sorry.gif

Kendal H., looks like you could have used an extension on the top of the QA thrower you have a full load there.
happy.gif

Mike C., place an add in the classifieds you should be able to find the blade subframe you are looking for.

Denny, I'm not sure I have the photos of Wyatt's engine.
1a_scratchhead.gif
dunno.gif

Rodney, no reason the Original wouldn't work just fine with the BB36 snowthrower. Same as for any snowthrower make sure there's no rust in the auger housing or the discharge chute that will cause it to plug up.

I posted some pics of today's snow-removal in Don's 450 Snowblower referb thread.

The pics are off-topic for this forum. I thought they were off-topic because the tractor I used is an MTD-built unit and not <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT>-built, but I see they are off-topic because this is now a guitar-forum...
guitarist.gif
roflol.gif

Aaron-
Nice blade set up!
drool.gif

Kraig-
Glad to hear you got the Cub up and running again? Frozen control-cables? What's that? I've never had that problem with a "non-perfection" 82-series.
clappy.gif

Paul-
Your cub is going to need wheel-weights and chains if you're going to keep pushing snow in your shirt-sleeves!
happy.gif

Art,
lol.gif
icon_jam.gif
Nice action shots of the 450! Ummm, regarding the frozen control cables, no comment.
Slant%20Tongue.gif

Nice snow crew Mick... I like the 1650 with the qa42

Kraig nice guitars !!! I also have Pics.

83 model US made stratocaster custom mohoginy body & teal / blue flack paint job hard to see in pics
and the other guitar is a red cedar top Briawood Both I played on stage for years.
The amp is a old peavey bandit 112 sitting on a peavey half stack with 4 x 12s in it...
217871.jpg

217872.jpg

me playing strat

Charlie must have used his last match on his boiler or else
poof.gif
might of happend LOL

Tommorrow I will try the 129 with 42" blade on some large drifts if that dont work I will have to slide the qa36 on the 149, probaly should of done that already

Came across an IH chipper/shredder a guy wanted to sell. Looks similar to unit that mounts to the front of a NF CC, but it was engine powered (long since removed) and had wheels and handles. Was this the same as the front mounted unit except for mounting brackets and mule? Was in real nice shape for $25. Thanks.

Paul Bell...I just have to know. Did you make engine noises while clearing that path in the snow?
lol.gif

Back