• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 12, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Paul T.
Here's a pic of both styles.
217877.jpg

Kirk,
Yeah, but I don't sound like a Kohler
lol.gif

Art, It's got snow tires.........
whistling.gif

So, just to be sure I understand, is it the guitars or the lack of cubs that make some posts "off topic"?

On topic (I think), I got my QA42A back together with a used spirol pin. As Don T pointed out, I'll need to get some new parts, but it got me through some 20" drifts for now. Here's a picture taken after I finished:

217880.jpg

(Tee Hee - I crack myself up!)
clappy.gif

{Sorry, Charlie - I couldn't resist...}

whistling.gif

KIRK,
Those weird sounds I heard today must have been
PAUL B. I kept blaming them on the wind!
ROD

Mick morgan

Now the Cab I see you have on that QL tractor is what I need to build for my 1512.Could you send me some pictures to my email. That is a nice big Cab and I need a big cab for me to get into lol. I could have a ws wiper and lights.Cool, We have high winds here today and I see most of the wife's work out side for xmas decorations have taken flight and are missing.
coffee.gif

Jeff - Thanks. The old 782 needs some work, but it sure gets the job done.

QA42A question for the experts - as you can see in my photo below, my QA43A didn't have the chute deflectors when I bought it (the "cage" inside the chute.) I'm curious about the purpose of the deflectors. Are they for:

a) A safety feature to prevent someone (dumber than me) from reaching in while it's running?
b) A safety feature to help prevent unintended objects from going airborne?
c) A guide to help direct snow in a consolidated, aerodynamic flow?
d) All of the above?
e) None of the above?

Just curious...
1a_scratchhead.gif
dunno.gif
1a_scratchhead.gif
dunno.gif
1a_scratchhead.gif
dunno.gif
1a_scratchhead.gif
dunno.gif
1a_scratchhead.gif
dunno.gif
1a_scratchhead.gif
dunno.gif
1a_scratchhead.gif
dunno.gif
1a_scratchhead.gif
dunno.gif
1a_scratchhead.gif
dunno.gif

Greg-

I think that wire thing is supposed to keep gravel out of your windows. All it seemed to do on mine was help clog the chute, so I removed it.

Here in Tennessss we have about 12" snow and still snowing hard. 8 degrees and 12 to 15 mph winds. The cubs will rest today. The 147 and 128 have blades but are covered with snow drifts.

We just got 4" yesterday so after church I went and got the trailer to deliver hay to the doghouses and got my 122 stuck (turfs with no chains) so I jacked it up right in the middle of a blizzard and put chains on(pics to follow)

My v/r problems.
I adjusted the upper contacts to charge at 14 volts turn the tractor off start it back up no charging you can do this over and over so I took an old v/r I had laying around put it on it charged 16 volts so I adjusted it and it now charged 14 volts.

Could the first v/r have been not grounded properly to cause its problems?

Greg Lippert

My vote is with A

a) A safety feature to prevent someone (dumber than me) from reaching in while it's running?
I did not reinstall that when I did my refurbish on my 450 .I think they just get in the way and would help plug up the chute. I think its there for safety reasons you mentioned. I do know someone who has three less fingers now from putting his hand down the chute and seeing his glove go flying.
old.gif

Thanks, Matt. Mine was MIA when I got the thrower and I've only had it plug up once, with really wet, slushy snow, so the PO must have made that enhancement! I just remember not to air the chute at anything breakable.

Greg, my vote is that those wires are to keep people from putting their hands in the discharge chute. Nice 6 string Cub. I think I'll take a cue from that photo and takes pictures of all my, um, Cubs.
angel.gif

Jeff U., nice! Last time I played in public was when I was in high school.

Lucas, I would think a bad or non-existent ground could cause all sorts of issues with the V/R.

Aaron, dont be jealous of the snow you didnt get. we got aond 10 inches here, then yesterday it blew everywhere and made it worse.Cub cadets wont help with this much snow. Goya break out the loader tractor!
ps. i wen in the ditch too! I had to get my truck to pull it out.lol

Josh, what do you mean Cub Cadets wont help with this much snow? I figure I got around 20"+. My 125 and QA42 cleared a bunch of snow away.

217900.jpg

217901.jpg

217902.jpg

217903.jpg

217904.jpg

217905.jpg

"We got around 10" here yesterday...were (WHERE!) i live there are drifts waist deep in some places"

So what?

I moved a huge shovel pile that was NECK-HIGH yesterday. Take a bite, let the stuff above fall, take another bite, repeat until pile is gone.

The nice thing about blowing this much snow is that when you're done, it's basically "gone". No huge piles to be shoving around for the rest of the winter. For light snow-falls, blades work best, but for this big stuff, blowers/throwers rule the driveways!
buttrock.gif

Kraig-
Neat pics!

Josh, I'm just having fun with ya.

Art, that's what I do with the deep stuff, just nibble away at it.

Latest posts

Back