• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 12, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gcoleman

displayname
Glen M. Coleman
What is the biggest weight load anyone has pulled with their cub, (gear drive and hydro...)

Ryan W.-

The 82 series tractors and the mechanically similar MTD models (1811, etc.) have solid mounted twin cylinder engines, and are extremely smooth.

well I don't know the weight but I skidded a 22"dia 18' long pine with my 100

Anyone know if its possible to stuff 26x12x12's under a 582 used mainly for mowing and blading snow? Bought a set of 23x10.5x12's and they are a little smaller than the OEM Goodyear tires?

your_image.gif

Glen,
I have pulled many large rocks (some probably 800 + lbs) off from my wood deck car hauler with either my 72 (with 12hp)geardrive or my 125 hydro. With the trailer slightly downhill and the wood deck, they slide pretty easily.

Hi Guys,
New to the group. Just bought a 124. My first CC. It came with a 44" mower deck that needs some help. The only number that I see on the deck is U1111. Is this a model number?

All this talk lately about what a cub can pull... just goes to show how dependable and rugged these tractors are

Ryan W:

The Service Manual for the K series Kohler's covers many models. Cub 122/3 through the 128/9 series, used K-301A. These models used the Starter/Generator. The Quietline Series used a K-301AQS motor. The K-301AQS used an onboard starter, unlike it's predecessors. The reference in the manual is for starters on the QAS series K-301 Kohlers.

IIRC, Kohler shipped engines sans starter/generators. Starter/generators were added by <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> (sourced from Delco, of course). Thus, a Kohler manual wouldn't deal with starter/generators whereas the <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> manual would...

I believe there's a B/W pic somewhere that shows a shipment of Kohlers without starter/generators...

Which side should the light switch be on for the original. The cc website(under parts) shows the position on the right side of the tractor and most pictures I have seen have the switch on the left. Also,if anyone has measurements for the hole, I would appreciate it. Thanks in advance..Joe

Ken,

Yes, you are correct, PSI is the motive force, however in this case the needle valve acts to reduce both pressure and flow due to the degree that it is pinched down to control the speed. When the moving motor stalls at the end of it's travel in the rack the pressure does deadhead, but by that time the motor is stopped and even as it builds 700 psig of deadheaded charge pump pressure the motor does not have the start-up torque to eat it's way over the rack/stop.

Now at full flow, with zero pressure/flow reduction at the needle valve, it will walk over the end of the rack, but it will not do so with the 1/4" carriage bolt stop. 700 psig just isn't enough to make this hyd. motor mean.....but 2500 psig might be!!!!!

Just got done putting a new battery in the 147. The battery was 26-5n now 630 - 525 cold amps , turns over good now . Pulled A load of hay bales to the elevator in the yard 8000# neighbor bet me that the106 couldn,t do it, that was a easy 5$. Boy that was 30 years ago.

Looks like I have o replace the gasket between the hydro and the rear end on my 123 leaks pretty good . Wonderin if any body has done this and do I have to split the tractor or not TIA

Rob

Kraig, Yes, You were correct as to why I have that wieght bar on the front of my cub. Knocking down ridges for my raised bed plantings of sweetcorn. It is handy though for other things too and I like the looks, it reminds me of the front spoiler on the nascar racers!

I still like that 122, Here's some photos taken by the former owner back when I bought it in Feb. 2001.
46867.jpg

I made a speedy trip out and back to get it in the rear of my '89 Dodge Caravan. 1100+ miles in one very long day's driving.

And yes, I used it to tow that 300 jd with the sweepster. The 300 needs a new starter and battery I think.

Dave K, Steve B, Scott T - All great and detailed posts on the chute rotators. There's all kinds of great engineering going down around here.

buttrock.gif

Back