• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 12, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mines not as pretty as this one, but it will be.
46878.jpg

46879.jpg

Craig C.
My old Kohler employee told me that S/G's used to come to Kohler by the skid fulls and they would have to sort'um and send them to the right department to go with the right runs for the day.
Then they would send the completed engines to IH unpainted.
Do ya have info to the contrary? If ya do, I for one would love to see it.
thumbsup_old.gif

I have a 106 cub with a loose front end. The steering box seems fairly right, but the bellcrank on the front axles has to move quite a bit before the wheel turns. Do the axle pins come in oversizes to account for wear in the cast front axle? I looked in the FAQ and couldn't find anything there regarding front-end rebuild.

Roger,
Are you saying the item #8 is sloppy on item #6? Try removing item #8 and clean it and item #6 real good. Flip item #8 over and fill it half full of JB weld. Now flip it back over and reinstall it on top of item #6 with a new pin. Wait 24 hours before turning the steering wheel. This worked for me on both of my 147's.
46884.jpg

Charlie,
That 'Battery Blanket' is pretty sweet!
thumbsup_old.gif

Is that still being sold by IH/Cub dealers or is it an obsolete part/option?

Any idea how warm it gets?
Ryan W
beerchug.gif

Terry B.,

I can see how & why that would take the slop out of the joint, but wouldn't the JB Weld bond the #6 and #8 parts together PERMANENTLY - never to come apart again?
RyanW
beerchug.gif

I could understand someone falling backwards over a box once, but doing it over and over and over??????
lol.gif

Back