• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 12, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jim "L",
I'd bet you $1000 that you couldn't stop it. Did the same thing with a 100 when I was a young'un with a load of pumpkin. Talk about the "Pucker factor" JEEZZZZ!!!!

Jim L., Tom H.

Amen...it won't stop it!!!! They have a hard time stopping empty wagons,let alone full!!!!

I have pulled a 6 row IH planter around the farmyard with a 1650, pulled empty wagons with various Cubs, pull started a Farmall Cub, and have seen Dad's 100 pull loaded racks of hay (slow on the driveway, just like Raymond....
happy.gif
)

I purchased a hydraulic lift for my 127. Does anyone know if the electric lift rock shaft is the same as the one IH used for the hydraulic lift rock shaft? Also will any narrow frame rock shaft fit the 127?

Roland- Thanks heaps for the Kohler drawing, a great help, thanks also Scott & Roland for note re possible difference on Cubs. Is it possible that packers were used beneath the Kohler to adjust to the shaft centre?
Yes KentuckyKen we're upside down to you but we still take yokes.

Graeme:

By "packers", do you mean spacers...?? If so, NO. The motor bolted directly to the frame.

Matt G.,
Thanks for the solid-mounted engines info! :D

Roland B.,
Thanks for the model timeline regarding which models used starter/generators versus electric starters.
Since there isn't any bendix in a starter/generator, there likely isn't any need for regular service on them, correct?
Ryan W
beerchug.gif

Ryan W:

Yup...that is correct. The starter on the K-301AQS has a "bendix" used for starting, while the older models used a Starter/Generator that uses a belt and a pulley.

thumbsup.gif

Back in about 1963 when Dad's first Cub Cadet was almost brand new He and the neighbor were getting ready to bale hay and the rack had a low tire. I was mowing the barn yard, I maybe weighed 70# and the Cubbie had no weights and just the 6-12 GY turf tires. I hooked up to the rack and Dad & the Neighbor hopped on the front of the rack while I pulled the rack over to the shop. Dad hopped off about half way across the yard and just leaned back against the rack and stopped Me dead in My tracks spinning the rear wheels in the dust. These little tractors will try to pull WAY more than they have business pulling.

Digger,
Thanks for the quick reply. Upon further inspection of my mower deck tag I see that there are numbers faintly stamped in making it
382U-1111.
Can you tell me is this about the same age as the 124 and what number would I use to order parts? Thanks, Brian

Brian, does your deck look like this one with cast iron ends? This is a 42" version yours would be the 38" version but they should look about the same.

46871.jpg

Or does yours have the squared off stamped ends like this one?

46872.jpg

No, Charlie - it's when you start with "back in '63, my Cub..." (or even worse "my kid's Cub")

O-K.... Now Where's Art with His &%#%^*$ BAND CAMP stories?!?!? Oh.... and Charlie.... I'm the OLDEST person My age You know!
old.gif

Denny -

Recovering?
lol.gif

46874.gif

<font size="-2">sorry 'bout the file size...</font>

Bryan, look close, that center table doesn't have s/g's cuz they're recoils. The side tables have electric start engines.

OK..How do you measure a seat so I can get a new cover for it. Numbers I've seen dont come close to what I have on my 147. The back is 10" high, but I see stuff thats 14 or 16" high. Didnt see anything in our advertisers.

Craig, good catch.
happy.gif

I thought that <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> was ordering the engines from Kohler prepainted yellow WITH the S/G already attached and it wasn't until part way through the 73, 1x6/7 series run that <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> started to source the S/G from Delco painted black rather than from Kohler thus the change to the black S/G rather then the yellow S/G. As evidence, David K's 126 when it was brand new:

46876.jpg

Back