• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 12, 2003

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kmcconaughey

Keeper of the Photos
Staff member
Administrator
displayname
Kraig McConaughey
David K., very nice 107. How about a photo of you on the 107 to match the old photo of you on your family's 126? :eek:)
14427.jpg

BRYAN - Your 16 HP on Your 169 verses My little old 10 HP on My QA-36 STILL gives You quite a Torque advantage at the impeller! ;-) I push all My snow now however. It's about the only reason I can justify to My Wife to keep the Super H around!

Matt-
re<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

As a thanks for all of you out there who have supported our forum we would like to take this opportunity to offer all presently registered users free use of the the classifieds through the end of this year.

Please limit items to Cub Cadet or Cub Cadet related items. Please post prices and location with any for sale item.

Happy Holidays

Bob 'n' Bryan

<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

Charlie is correct. It means exactly what it says. IOW don't sign up for the forum and run a couple hundred ads in the "FREEBIE" ads.

We have a tendency to open up and let our hair down a bit around the holiday season.

It's wide open. Those that know will know ! ! !

It so good to hear from Ol' Kaintuck. Ain't it ???

Be carefull, ordering Decals, if you are looking to get a original restoration the ones available from MTD are not the right color the blue is much darker then original.

Dennis,
Thanks for the formula for calculating rpm and correcting me about reducing pulley dia. Got confused. Pretty cool!

This is a 1450 I'm using this winter. Just picked it up and noticed that the govenor may be incorrectly adjusted which may be why I'm not able to throw the white stuff as far. Doesn't seem to be reving high enough at full throttle.

Haven't looked through my manuals yet for recommended ENGINE rpm speed at full throttle. Anyone know this off the top of their head?

Also, what's the max above recommended engine rpm would you try for added performance without blowing a hole in the engine?
Thanks Again Guys
Marcus

Marcus -

My 1450 runs at about 3850, the 169 at about 3700.

<FONT SIZE="-2">IMO, FWIW, YMMV, My $0.02, Yada, Yada, Yada...</FONT>

As we say around the office, it's your bullet, it's your foot
wink.gif

Simple pulley formula:

Drive pulley (dia. or rad. or cir.) divided by driven pulley (dia. or rad. or cir.) multiplied by engine rpm = shaft rpm of driven shaft.

Just make sure the units are the same for both measurements (use both diameters, don't mix and match)

EX:

4" dia. drive / 3" dia. driven = 1.333 x 3600 rpm = 4800 rpm driven shaft speed.

Engine rpm:

3600 RPM no load gov. speed according to Kohler

3800 RPM seems to be accepted by most as a "safe" over speed.

4000+ RPM invites flywheel explosions and ventilated blocks.

MY tractors all operate at 3600 rpm no-load.

Gentlemen, Are the headlight mounts (panel ?) the same for a 104 and 106 ? And are the bulbs available for these? Thanks. cjm

Charles M:

The panels are different, however they both bolt up the same, as the grill shells are the same. Unless you are concerned with it appearing correct for the model, either one will work just fine.

Thanks for the free classified ads posting Bob 'n' Bryan!!!
happy.gif
Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays to you too!

----
Does anyone know if the QA36A I posted in the classifieds will fit a 682? I sure don't know, but Charlie said it will fit my 108 if I wanted it to. I know I'd have to change it a bit to fit my 123. That's where I was going to mount it but changed my mind. Decided to let someone have it that would use it more than I would.

On the RPM front, the 1000 I had @ PDv6.0 (for a little while, anyway...) was spinning @ 4200+rpm @ WOT. I wasn't using that kind of RPM all the time but sure helped to pick up the pace when I needed it. I'm not recommending that kind of speed to anyone and will tame that engine back down to the 3800 rpm zone when I start to tinker with it again. I think we were all amazed that it didn't "POP" when we were running it.

It was also a testimony to how little power you really need to plow. I was gaining on Ryan's 1408 when we were both in 2nd gear. And if I used the additional rpm that was in it, I could easily run up and on him, even going up hill. The downside of the K241, however, is that I couldn't pull the plow for any extended period in 3rd gear and he could.

Back to safety for a moment. It wouldn't have ruined my day to toss a rod out the side of that engine due to the rpms I was running. Exploding a flywheel is an entirely different level of ordeal that I don't want to be around for, hence my desire to return to the liberal side of conservative on the R's front.

Keith

its been a sad time for me this week as my mom
passed away sudenly last sunday. it was only 14 months since my dad passed away,both in the early
60,s.
she told me after dad died that i could have his 129, but i told her it was hers and i would take
care of it for her.
now i guess it will get passed down to me to restore and be a reminder of a couple of great
parents that raised me and my two older brothers on that narrow country road.

please let your loved ones know that you love
them as much as you can ,life is so short.
enjoy the coming holidays with your friends and family.
phillip nichols & family

phillip sorry to hear of your lost and around xmas are love goes to you and your family

Phillip, I can relate to your sadness at this time. My mother was killed in an auto accidint back in 1958. That's a long time ago and I was only 21 at the time, but I still think of her and what she meant to me. Things will get better in time. Don't ever forget how special your folks were. Your advice to us is good advice. You never know if you'll get that chance tomorrow!

does anybody have a 45inch snowblower on a 82series that can show me how the frame rails mount under the tractor.or have install instructions or you can email me.seems i am missing some parts that are na. I need the length of the longer frame rails

John, I have a QA36A on 682 right now. You need to change to a 5/8 pulley though. Still available. I got the stamped steel one from Rob Houtz. I tried to cheat and use a 1/2" belt and the 3/8 pulley........dintwork.
On another note; Everyone who hasn't gotten something from Shirtman[T&H Creations] should give him a try. REALLY COOL STUFF and really nice folks to deal with. Thanks Shirtman.

Kraig, I was hoping you'd forgotten about that pic. Your memory is too good!

I'll try to get up enough courage to do the photo you requested. In the meantime, here is my 2 year-old granddaughter getting used to the 1250. Her name is Cubette.
your_image.gif

Back