• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 09, 2017

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Larry..your dealing with cold temperatures and possibly thick oil.also water contamination,or the previous owner could have changed it and put heavy gear lube in it.uncoupling the drive line.try starting it that way..speaking from experience here.

My 149 stays in the cold but has always started. I'm going to get the battery cables up to snuff and try with a new battery.

I might pull the drive pin to see if that is the problem. Might be due for a fluid change.

Hydro, here's a few photos that might satisfy your request.
dunno.gif
happy.gif

From the manual:

318567.jpg

318568.jpg

My #1 125 while being disassembled for refurb. (Yes it's still apart awaiting refurbishing...
blush.gif
)

318569.jpg

318570.jpg

318571.jpg

My #2 125 while installing the Killer Kohler that David Kirk built for me.

318572.jpg

Note in the photo above that the PTO end of the PTO rod has the "Z" bend inserted opposite that of the drawing in the manual and the way it was inserted on my #1 125.

318573.jpg

Larry - could also be time for a S/G rebuild. the bushing end can wear enough to let the armature drag, or the brushes and commutator might need attention.

Charlie, so is the seat comfy on your "new" Cub? What's up with the loop on the back of the seat? Is that stock to the seat or a PO added item. Looks like an ROPS, but it certainly wouldn't work as one... Is it larger pipe or foam covered for a head rest.
1a_scratchhead.gif

I'm pretty sure my Z bend is installed just like the picture shows below. I can see if you remove the upper slide bracket from the s/g you can likely get the Z bend installed and then lay the rod back and re-attach it. This also gives you access to install a s/g belt.

Since I pulled the nose to get the motor out, I just hooked it all back up when putting nose back on.

Gerry: It cranked slow in the summer, but I was jumping it off another battery since the original battery was long dead from sitting in the back yard for years. It did run good, didn't smoke but couldn't drive it since the front end was wasted and all 4 tires wouldn't hold air for more then a few minutes.

I need to come up with the original bracketry for the electric lift. I have pictures from the original fliers that came with the tractor(I have all the original invoices and such). The front mount is there, just the arm portion got changed to manual.

Kraig,
Yep, it sets pretty well, LOL
Dunno about the ROPS thing, it is a hard pipe with foam like you say.
Once I take it off, it might have Nissan marked on the bottom, LOL

Oh yea!
Update on the TerraGrips!
I just amazed at how well they grab. No slipping to speak if and the ride is way smoother than chains.
We got almost 3" this morning and I just had to go play with the 1450 to see how well the angle blade and TerraGrips worked. Once again I was impressed with the whole setup.

Charlie, thanks for the update on the TerraGrips. I only got maybe 1/2" or so of snow this morning.

Ok, question of the day:

What snowblower fits a narrow frame? I found a couple on craigslist and curious if I can make them work? Can you change the mounting brackets? I haven't actually measured the frames between mine to see how different they actually are.

I have a 52" blade for the 149 and wondered maybe I can get a blower for the 127. I have a gravel drive, but might come in handy at some point. Just thinking.....

Back