• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 07, 2015

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's at least a 14hp, from the looks of the tin work, wouldn't surprise me at all if it's a 16hp......she'd be one heck of a plow tractor!

Jeff, Steve,
If I remember correctly, it is a modified 16 hp K341 with a 18hp K361 cam (that make since). Since it is dirty yellow and not black, I would say it came from a 169.

Earl L - thanks for getting back to me on the static vs dynamic timing. You verified what I had thought. Since static timing involves manual intervention (manually rotating the crank) I had always thought there was a chance it could be off slightly vs using an actual timing light. I really appreciate your response here.

Jeff B - so you got fooled by the hood and dash pedestal. I'll admit 1st thing I saw was the 70 hood, then I noticed the fenders and knew something didn't match. Then I noticed the large air cleaner cover, and then the frame notch from a 147, and the engine shroud squeezed in, so I figured it was at least 14hp or bigger was powering this unit.

(I also just noticed the tail lights are from either the 1x8/9 or QL series).

Hey Charlie - if you wrote NOS in all caps someplace on the box or your shipping info they probably thought it was New Orleans Shrimp
bash.gif

Attachments

• bash.gif
    bash.gif
    904 bytes · Views: 152
Ok thanks. I'm running two sets of ih wheel weights and around 5 gallon (40#) of washer fluid per tire. I was not sure how much they hydro could take.

What is the size and tpi of the generator pulley shaft?

Had to do one of the Worst things in the world today - Had to pay to get an Appraisal of all of my items in my Shed and Shop (IH Cub Dealership signs, Parts, all of my 20+ Cub Cadets, attachements, etc). I will know in a few days what the total appraisal is, so I can give away half of it.
bash.gif

Attachments

• bash.gif
    bash.gif
    904 bytes · Views: 140
John B - I suppose you had to "pay" for the appraisal so you would get it in writing. You could have asked either of the following and probably saved some CASH money.

Hydro Harry's Discount Appraisal Service
IH Cub Cadets Only
(Buy the best and junk the rest).

Charlie's Appraisal Services
If it's IH, then we get it write!
ihrotate.gif

wink.gif

Attachments

• ihrotate.gif
    ihrotate.gif
    1.7 KB · Views: 141
  • wink.gif
    wink.gif
    880 bytes · Views: 133
Harry, what's this appraisal service from a distance deal???
1a_scratchhead.gif

Owners send you pictures of their tractors and things and you send them a written estimate????
I'm going to send you a picture of my old rusted mule drive, want to know if I can get more than a dollar for it....
dunno.gif
proud.gif

Attachments

• 1a_scratchhead.gif
    1a_scratchhead.gif
    774 bytes · Views: 156
  • dunno.gif
    dunno.gif
    3.5 KB · Views: 139
  • proud.gif
    proud.gif
    926 bytes · Views: 148
I bet I could overload Harry's email account.
err.gif

Attachments

• err.gif
    err.gif
    251 bytes · Views: 138
John and Allen - you must have overlooked a key word. I did say "Discount" appraisal service. You send me a message of what you want appraised and I'll give you a price. Once I get your payment I'll gladly send an appraisal.

Honestly I was just joking in my original posting. I do know some people need to get an official appraisal, and I've always wondered who is really qualified to appraise these units and how they justify the appraised prices. I also know that Charlie has a hard fast Forum rule that this site is not an appraisal site. I suspect it would be overwhelmed with posts if actual appraisal discussions were allowed.

John - when you do get yours would you mind letting us know if you believe the written appraisal is actually realistic. I think a realistic price would be the price you think you would have to pay to get an equivalent replacement. (And I also know some units are just not replaceable).

Back