• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 07, 2003

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tedd,
Those guys are side steppin your question! grin
You probably have 16 BOX nails instead of SINKERS or CASE nails. Box nails are thinner, if your usin #3 lumber with a lot of knots, go with the 16 penny SINKERS!

Course you do know what it means when you keep bendin nails don't ya! snicker

Charlie,

Got ya, 16p sinkers. I know where I can buy them by the weight.

I'm afraid to ask about bending nails.....

Tom -

That's cuz all the hardware's made of CHEESE!!!
<font size="-2">ducking...</font>

Well,
I finally got a digital cam. Here are some pics of my electric chute rotator.
your_image.gif

your_image.gif

A little too big, try again. BTW, It worked great in the snow!
14366.jpg

14367.jpg

(Message edited by tmarkle on December 09, 2003)

Here are some more pics of my 123.
Here is the switch panel.
14369.jpg

here is the thrower.
14370.jpg

here is the whole ugly tractor
14371.jpg

But it works good!

An update on my 123.
I was haveing problems getting my 123 started and blowing the dipstick out, well after takeing it in to the cub repairman, I found out that all the dip stick needed was a little streching of the split to make it fit tighter in the tube, and that the head was loose and the head gasket needed replaceing. This however only made starting up much harder witn more compression.
After serching the service manuals my cub repair man found the problem. Even though I had a new 560 cold cranking amp battery in the tractor it was not the correct size battery. It called for a 22-NF battery, which is designed for longer cranking periods befor looseing power unlike the smaller lawn tractor battery I had in the 123.
Not a cheap battery either,$56 a pop.

Put in my order at the cub dealer for the new 3235
garden tractor with 48" deck, 54" hydro lift & turn snow blade, and 42" rear tiller.

Well we finialy got some snow tonight.
Guess I will have to put the snow blade on the 102 and see how well it works out, that is if it is warm enough, otherwise I will have to cheat and use the Toyota and snow plow ( heated snow plowing ).

I am rebuilding a steering gear box on a 105. Does anybody have any advise on the final adjustments?

I am having more problems with old wiring on my 127. Cutting out old sections and replacing with new connectors and ends keeps me going with plenty of seat time. How hard is it to replace with new wiring harness from one of our wonderful sponsors? Is the harness complete? This will be a spring project. I am still looking for a cab. Froze my a** off last week when the wind shifted. I looked like a snowman and about as cold.

Frank M.
Yes I am a PLS.
Isn't it great to get to poke around. The only problem I have is all the Cubs I seem to find are still running. I can't seperate these old Indiana farts from there Cubs with a Jaws of Life.

Russ-

I've replaced the wiring harnesses on my 127 and my 108. All I can say is DO IT! It's a quick job, and saves many hassles. Also, if your electrical system has "issues" in general, a new harness helps rule out the path of the electricity and allows you to focus on the components themselves.

One word of advice: the wires which go down through that cramped NF steering pedestal must be kept away from the driveshaft. I almost wrecked all my work when the hydro/neutral safety switch wire got filed down by the rotating driveshaft. Fortunately I caught it just before it started to wear at the conductor. a little liquid electrical tape over the spot, and I was back in business.

The harness is complete, the only thing missing that I can recall is the tailamp wires on the 127 harness.

(Message edited by rking on December 10, 2003)

Tedd:
Like the guys said: Yes to the 16 coated sinkers.
No to the 16 commons. (they're thicker and bend easier). Sorta like driving a pinky. Also, try a 20 ounce framing hammer w/ a non skid surface. 16 ounces take more swings and don't drive the nail as well and glace off the nail head. If you go with a pneumatic nailer, check out the Paslodes. No compressor and hose required.

Tedd -

Time for you to watch ToolTV on local access. You know, Berland's House o'Tools
buttrock.gif

Saw a nice magnesium nailer on there last night...

Well the weather outside is frightful,
But my Cub is so delightful.
Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow. :eek:)

I got about 8 or 9 inches of snow yesterday and last night. The 125 and QA42 got a good workout this morning.

14373.jpg

14374.jpg

Matt K., the manual says to tighten the belt tensioner until the slack is gone, i.e., belt is straight, then tighten another 3 to 3.5 turns.
I crank the belt down real tight on my QA42, if it slips I know I don't have it tight enough. Do you have your auger housing and discharge chute coated with Slip-Plate, or at a minimum is there a good coat of paint with NO rust? Years ago I was having all sorts of problems with the discharge chute plugging up. Then Bryan M. suggested I get rid of the rust and coat it with Slip-Plate. It was the best advise I ever got. Thanks Bryan. Now I'm one of the loudest proponents of Slip-Plate or graphite paint for snowthrowers.

Todd, nice job on the chute rotator!

Joe C., do you have the service manual that covers the steering box rebuild? If not I can post or email the pages that cover the steering gear box.

There is nothing like a 2+2 that is why I have one. I love driving that thing. It's almost the most fun you can have on a tractor.

Kraig,

Are you throwing snow with the trailer attached? How come?

Charlie, Charlie, Charlie, that just leaves more SG Cubs for me. :eek:)

Jonathan, no, I heat with wood so as soon as I finish clearing snow I hook the trailer back up. I'll need to haul some firewood tonight.

Anyone know if there's a standard specification for a Category 0 three point hitch? I'd like to put one on my mini-560 this winter. I found the specs for Category 1, 2, and 3 in an old SAE handbook, but it didn't even mention a Category 0. All I can find is that it uses 5/8" pins. Any help would be appreciated.

Back