• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 07, 2003

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dennis: Thats a good one too. Almost forgot. If I remember correctly, I saw Mein Kub at Red Power Roundup in Pemfield, IL a year or two ago. Red seems to look good when plenty of IH white is also used...as in Randy's case. Maybe its just those big rears and chrome straight pipe!

I've seen photos of an all white original...anyone have any of an all yellow?

NEIL - The "Demonstrator WHITE 1961 Cub Cadet" belongs to Jim Chabot. Jim doesn't post much anymore. I think He's still busy working on His Cub Cadet Twin-Engine Grader. ;-) Tom H. had Mein Kub at Penfield year ago last June. Son & I were walking out to watch the CC Plowing Demonstration and I can still remember Tom running down the pulling track with M.K. scooting right along. Dust flying off the rear tires. I've seen a LOT of top contenders for the Ugliest Cub painted ALL different colors but never an all yellow one.

<font color="ff0000">Santa thought I was good this year.</font>

14343.jpg

Let it snow let it snow let it snow. 2 or 3 inches already on the ground the weather guessers are saying 7 or inches by the end of the day.

Tim, that looks like one of those cheap paint by numbers paintings. :eek:) Send the original version of the photo to me and I'll reduce it to postable size but keep it so it looks OK.

14345.jpg

Santa thinks I'm an impressionistic art lover.

(Message edited by tkiste on December 09, 2003)

(Message edited by tkiste on December 09, 2003)

Tim, that was a huge image file. this is the best I can do.
14347.jpg

Well, Santa knows what Indiana boys like, but you must have been more naughty than nice since he brought you a Hydro Tim!

I was good, I got a 582!

14349.jpg

Saw an ad in my local paper for a 1420 CC. What would be a good price to offer them. And around what year were these made. This is gear driven also right

Never mind just found out its a hydro, I already have a 1250 don't need another hydro.

Joel-That would be an MTD unit.

Joel-Just off-topic here. I really don't know much about them, not sure of the age. But seems to be a mute point since you don't want another hydro. Don't sell them short. That would be a big mistake. Right now I have more hydros than gear drives, not on purpose, just the way it is right now. But they are all IH cubbies!

J

Then you need to find one of the following
Cub Cadet Original
70, 100
71, 102, 122
72, 104, 124
73, 106, 126
86, 108, 128
800, 1000, 1200
82 series????? I think the 582, maybe 3 and 482, I don't remember.

Ryan,
<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

Ryan *Super Slushie Spoo* Mull <!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

I thought that you liked hydros????
crazy.gif

Though I have to say the X82's rock!!
buttrock.gif

I just tried my 169 with a QA36A. This is a replacement of a 125 with a QA42. The QA42 worked a lot better and I'm trying to figure out why. I have two theories. The first is the engine RPM. According to the book the K341 runs at 3,400 rpm. The K301 runs at 3600 rpm. is 200 rpm enough to make much of a difference? At the high end I suppose it could be 400 rpm (the 301 running higher at 3,700 and the 341 running lower at 3,300).

The second is the shape of the snow shute. The QA36A has a gradual angle. The QA42 goes up pretty much straight. I'm thinking the gradual angle slows the exit of the snow.

Thoughts?

Has anyone ever ugraded from a QA** to a QA**A on the same Cub? If so, did you notice any difference in performance.

Thanks

Scott

Scott, check the diameter and width of the pulley on the QA36A it may have the wider 5/8" pulley which might also be a smaller diameter. One other thought, snowthrowers work best when fed a steady load of snow, the 42" would be taking a bigger bite and thus more snow. Perhaps Steve B. will post on this he has/had a QA36B on his 129(with 14hp upgrade). It could just be that a 125 with QA42 is the ultimate snow removal setup.....yeah that's it! :eek:)
14358.jpg

Scott, how do the inside of the auger housings and discharge chutes compare? Are they both clean with no rust? Even a small amount of rust will greatly reduce the performance of any snow thrower. Especially in the area of the discharge chute and the chute itself.

Ryan
I just need what's under the hood for my 128.
Along with a few other interchangable parts.

14360.jpg

Latest posts

Back