• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 06, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Richard. That 16 Mag is an inch and a half higher than a K series? That would make it real close to how a KT sits on the mounting plate in a 782. Might be a neat motor option for a red one.

Richard - i think if you change the oil pan it will work not 100% sure but some thing tells me that i have seen blocks drilled and tap in the block for the small pans but the ears would be sticking out. at lease you might be out a oil pan gasket

Richard i think those flat pans are taller then the old a.q.s. pans as well.i have heard of some one cutting the ears off but i wouldn't do that. there are some blocks that don't cover those ears on the blocks in that case changing the pans won't work

All:

I am interested in adding a snow thrower to my 128 Cub. Now I realize that this is the wrong time of year to do this, as its not likely I will find the parts needed quickly.

The question is, what do I need? Are there different models of throwers? If so, which one fits a 128. What about mounting, controls, etc.? I am starting from zero on the knowledge scale on this one and can use all the help I can get.

Thanks

Zimm

Mike L.
I was thinking that I had heard of someone using a metal plate that was the size of the top of the pan, cutting out the inside and bolting it to the engine and then mounting a smaller pan on to that metal plate. I don't remember where I heard that and what kind of engine it was but I looked at doing that today and it would be pretty hard.

Joe Z,
Your gonna need a QA36A or a QA42A. The (A) meaning adjustable as it widens out to fit a wide frame tractor such as your 128. At straight QA36/42 will not work, they are for Narrow frame tractors.
32823.jpg

Joe Z.- I have a QA36A on my 108 and really like it. Lots of power and it does a fine job. Keep the belt tight and crank the rpm's up. They are not that tough to find. Charlie probably has a shed full.
thumbsup.gif

Hi I am Trying to change the chain and sprockets on my H-42 Thrower. Nice time with snow on the way. I have the repair manual,the owners manual,and the parts book. The repair manual doen't show the h-42. I have loosened the lock collar set screws but the collars are Frozen on the shaft pretty good. It seems like The two 1/2 " bolts thread into the shaft and secure the shaft to the housing. I snaped off one bolt with the breaker bar. does anyone have a good tecnique for getting this stuff free. I am not looking forward to breaking the other bolt off, but I think it has to come out to get the shaft and auger on the bench. I will call a sponsor in the morning to see what parts are available.I better wax my shovel for the weekend storm.

Hopefully someone can help me with this problem. I rebuilt a 128 engine and the owner has experienced a problem of the engine running for about 20 minutes then acts like it's overheating and loses power to the point of actually stalling. It cools then runs again for about 20 minutes. After reading the FAQ page, I recommended some Marvel oil which helped but didn't rid the problem. I suspected the it was running rich and causing some of the problem but when I removed the head everything looked clean with no carbon or soot and the cylinder looked fine as well. The machine work was done by the same place that does all my engine machining and there doesn't appear to be a mechanical problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I have rebuilt these for years and never experienced this. Thanks David

Richard,

Have you pulled that pan? Could you take the pan to a machine shop and have it "decked" about an inch??? That would take most of the rag joint concerns away and would still leave enough "meat" in the pan casting to engage the pan to block bolts. Check the rod dipper for clearance too.

Glen's idea about an 82 series frame application is also a good one.

82 series PTO clutches are 1-1/8" dia.

I sure do miss haveing my 102 looking like this
32833.jpg

It now looks like this
32834.jpg

I guess next summer after I get done building my high ride 102 I will have to go out and find another 102 to refurbish. I don't do a complete rebuild, just refurbish and replace worn parts, than paint with rattle cans.
That is if I can convince the wife I need another tractor to make a show tractor out of, and not earns its keep.

David R. I had a 127 that acted like that. It turned out to be a problem with the coil. When I replaced both the coil and condenser, the problem went away. May not be your problem, but it's something to check.

Dave R,
I asked pretty much that same question a while back and here's the answer I got!
"Change the coil dumba$$"

Yepper that was it too, LOL

John,

Do the bearings have eccentric lock collars??? If so, loosening the set screw won't be enough to get them loose, you will also have to use a punch to drive the collar one direction or the other to free the collar's grip on the shaft.

Following up on my snow thrower question.

Thanks for the information, its appreciated.

It occurs to me that a thrower might work best on a tractor with the creeper gear accessory. Is that something that can be added, or is it integral to the gearbox itself? I had an original about 20 some years ago that had creeper and If I recall correctly, it was a small gearbox ahead of the transaxle. Is the 128 similar?

A lot of you seem to be upper midwest if I read things correctly.

Thanks again.

Zimm

Steve, The lock collars hold the bearings and the auger in place on the shaft. 1/2" #5 bolts hold the shaft in the housing.There is also a square end on one side of the shaft,with a square yoke on the housing to keep the shaft from spining. I snapped off both 1/2" bolts and the whole auger assemble just dropped out. Now the whole assembly is at the machine shop. They will drill out the bolts, fit new sprockets and bearings from mcmaster carr. There doesn't seem to be much available for replacement parts for the haban blowers. I will try to follow up with photos as it goes back together. John

joe zimmer.....i prefer to use the thrower on the hydro, as i don't as of yet have a creeper for the 1200, and i find it harder to control the speed at which i feed the snow.....with a creeper i should be fine .....
ihrotate.gif

Throwing snow with a gear drive-Creeper is a must!
I dunno but I'm gettin ansty to throw some snow up here in MinneNOSNOWta. 5 snows in the last 2 weeks and I have 4" on the ground. GEEZ!
I'm ready to get down to it, like some of last years good stuff.
32864.jpg

(Message edited by cproctor on December 08, 2005)

Back