• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 05, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1a_scratchhead.gif
1a_scratchhead.gif

I thnk I`am missing a few pieces to make a complete Cab ?
217420.jpg

Does anyone have any tips or special tool to use on removing a worn oil drain plug on my IH 582? It is pretty well rounded so that I can't get a good grip with any sockets or wrenches.

Dennis: I,ll be rebuilding this steering col. in a few days Thanks for the post back.. Jeff U

Ed, have you tried a Vise-Grip pliers?
dunno.gif
When all else fails I usually give them a try.

Don, what tractor is that cab supposed to be for, NF or WF? Hmmm, I see that same mystery bracket that Melody had. I also see that your's has a U-bolt in in. I bet that is for attaching it to the steering column. I bet it also is for the 1x2/3 series and will NOT work on a 1x4/5 series with the fiberglass dash.

Ed... I just use vise-grips. I got tired of replacing these plugs all the time so I squeezed a nut onto the square portion & welded it. No more problems.

Ed; two ways I know of to get that out. 1. drill a 1/4 to 5/16 hole in the center half way up in your darn plug (do not drill all the way through )sick a Ez-out in hole & tap it in with a hammer & see if it will turn out.. 2. easy way on something like that,spot weld a 5/16 to 3/8 bolt to the end of the plug let cool then turn it right out. If it,s rusted in tight put some BP- blast on it let it set over night then try it the next day... Jeff U

Paul, look again, the side windows are there between the lower door panels.

Kraig, I thought that they were the back curtain. I better reschedule my eye Doc appointment I missed on 11/1 ....
dizzy.gif

Guys I`am missing a few pieces. I don`t have from the windsheild down for sure , and who ever took it apart did not save the pieces to conect the side windows to the bottom of the doorsI will have to fab something for there. I will need to make a few brackets and see if I can use this . Disapointed with my $212.00 loss
bash.gif

Kraig & DonT, No Don you can't use that piece with the dashboard but I used on the right step to hold the canvas tight. Looks like you have some bows for the roof and a couple side supports.

Don, at least you have a cab, I throw snow and most of it blows in my face, lol.
Still looking for a cheap hard side cab or next year trying to build one.
Gotta question, is it possible to mount one of those 2 stage snow blowers
on a 127??

Kraig

here is another shot of what I got.If I knew what the front section looks like I might be able to make it and cove it with sail cloth. ?
217428.jpg

Melody, the "bows" are for the bottom of the windshield not for the roof.

Don, the later NF and the WF cabs had a one piece door/front section. The older 70/100 cab and likely the early 1x2/3 cab had a 3 piece cab the doors were separate from the front section.

217430.jpg

WF Cab canvas.

217431.jpg

70/100 cab. Note the U-bolt on the steering column.

Don T,
Make lemonade, man!!! sounds like an excuse to purchase a 122/3 cub!!
clappy.gif

Melody, I wouldn't say he's missing it as it was sold as a separate piece, as was the roof.

217433.jpg

217434.jpg

Back