• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 04, 2017

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kraig, I remember reading about you looking for your dip stick. I'm thinking it was right about the same time as that Dumb O'riley Auto Store television commercial "yer thinking with yer dipstick". I'll bet you were pretty angry it "oiled down" such a nice rebuild. I like to use a product in a spray bottle called 'Fantastic' for that sort of clean up.It's a pretty old cleaning product, we had quite a stockpile. I wonder if it's still on the store shelves?

Fantastic. Don't recall seeing it stores anymore but Amazon has it. I may have to get some. Blew a hose on the 1250 a couple of years ago and it still feels slimy in places.

We got a little snow last night, so I took grubby out for a test blade/traction run, LOL
I was freakin amazed at how well it did with those TerraGrips. Course the weight helped a little.
I don't know how I ever got along without an angle blade before!!!!
I'm thinking I might need to put a cab on it, just in case!
And yes, that's melted snow water underneath. ;-)
318484.jpg

318485.jpg

318486.jpg

318487.jpg

Digger-That 1450 is great I think I’ll use it as a template for my double stick rebuild

Charlie, looking good! I like the front tires.

Michael, yep, Art Aytay had something like "Remember when Kraig lost his dipstick" as his tag line for a while after I lost it. I eventually found it when the snow started to melt.
happy.gif

318489.jpg

Charlie, those front tires are similar to the tires on my parents JD x585, they do great in the snow. No chains required, well as long as the 4wd is engaged...
happy.gif

I just finished chaining up the snow fleet....new 26x12x12 chains on the 782 and the 982 Special, with the worn 26x12x12 pair on the loader (in case it gets serious!).

318491.jpg

Nice A$$!
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

318492.jpg

Tucked them away in the shed with the the diesel, all on their Battery Tenders, waiting to work.

318493.jpg

Eventually, I will put the cab on the 782, just not tonight.....

I’m seeing a few cub 86s on C/L some are priced well what’s the consensus on them should I grab one or wait for a 129/149 to fall in my lap LOL

Back