• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 04, 2014

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
good morning all!
Can someone shoot me a pic or a better break down of how the creeper shift handle seals into the housing on my 124? I see a groove in the housing on the handle side for an oring and a hole in the shaft for maybe a cotter pin? I think it needs a washer to back it though. the other side for the detent also needs attention. I cannot keep oil in this assembly.
thanks

Jonathan Baker
yes from the gen post with a meter with the 149 engine running at a fast idle is see the meter will move from 13.5 to 16 from the gen post to ground. I have made up a ground strap to go from the VR where it bolts to the fender to the frame. I will try that in a few minutes to see if the VR is not getting a good ground . Then an oil change and move to the 125 and then find the no charge issue with my 129 loader .

Jonathan Baker

I did change the wiring by adding a wire from the solenoid to the gen post on back of the VR as Charlie requested.

Jonathan Baker

well that ground wire from the tractor frame to the bolt on the VR were it grounds did not help and the 149 still does not charge.

Back