• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 04, 2013

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gotta agree with Mike on the use of nitrogen in tires... It may not be as important on the Cubs although it will prevent some pressure loss, especially with older tubeless tires, but the handling of my bike changes with as little as a couple of p.s.i. and I have had less problems on my SportTrac's aluminum wheels sine we changed it over to nitrogen. If I can get the car owner to open the billfold a bit, I want to get a cylinder for the super comp also - we can start with 5 psi, see it go up a pound or more every run and then as the sun goes down ya gotta drag the compressor out and start putting all you bled out back in...
bash.gif

Donald T - I've got a spare 14 hp engine in my basement and have thought about finding a 1x8 tractor and dropping it in. I'm thinking most of the hp I would need would be with the 50 inch deck and tall grass. Also thinking about swapping it into my 109 and giving the 10 hp engine a rebuild one of these days. While the 10 hp seems like not much hp, I can't say I ever had it choke down (as tired as it is) when doing camp duty mowing last summer w/44 inch deck. I especially like that the 10 hp is very smooth and easy on gas. So I'd kind of like to rebuild it.

One gear drive combo I've considered is finding a QL 1200 w/o engine and dropping my 16 hp AQS engine it (after a rebuild) 16 hp gear drive seems like a cool idea to me.

Won't be adding any tractors to the fleet anytime soon as Momma ain't happy with the mass of tractors setting in and around the house at the present time...
facepalm.gif
fan.gif
bottom.gif

The IH Cub Cadet 82 Series offered a model 582, which had a mechanical energy transfer system, and a Briggs and Stratton 16 hp engine must have been a really nice garden tractor. And perhaps, one of the under-rated tractors from IH.

Bill j

Seems my 102 has a 12 Kohler K301 in it
1a_scratchhead.gif

Points are burnt and the point gromet is mia . I sure hope Charlie gets up and running soon ! I need some parts . I might pull this 12 and put a 10 in from a 109 I have here . just so it runs and drives . I never did much to any of my gear drives and hope the change over will be an easy swap.

John "L",
Yup the 582 <font size="-2">(and not the 582 spacial)</font> was a nice tractor, to bad the carbs were a p.i.t.a.
DT,
I have a 100 with a K-301 in it. That's mt farorite tractor!

Bill j

Seems my 102 has a 12 Kohler K301 in it
1a_scratchhead.gif

Points are burnt and the point gromet is mia . I sure hope Charlie gets up and running soon ! I need some parts . I might pull this 12 and put a 10 in from a 109 I have here . just so it runs and drives . I never did much to any of my gear drives and hope the change over will be an easy swap.

I see the clutch brake does not come up very far
1a_scratchhead.gif
. I wonder what is wrong there . something must be broken ?

265224.jpg

Can I remove the bolts for the engine and slide it ahead to remove the drive shaft ?
There ain`t no such thing as A stupid Cub question is there ?

Just pulled the Bat in the 102 and have three tractors inside that I leave a bat in ; but still have two more to pull for winter storage.

265227.jpg

Back