• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 04, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gpapa

displayname
Papa
Does anyone know the proper decal placement for a model 100 38" mower deck? Thanks

Don use the diesel and put an electric fan in that runs backwards blowing the heat at you. part of you will stay toasty.

128 wheel weights.

im looking for wheel weights, for snow,for my 128.

just wondering what you guys are using. only OEM, or did you find something else that fit. and, how much weight? i see the OEM was 26 Lbs apiece. is one weight on each wheel enough?

Ok I need to put a 10hr from a 108 on a stock 128 how easy or hard is this to do? it seems like most will swap out.

frank if it fits ill use it, most here feel the same, my wheel weights are bolens #48 a piece... i've never heard of adding too much wheel weight... im not sure thats possible, although there was that pic a while back with like 20 cub weights on one side... that may be a tad over kill.

181995.jpg

heres my setup for this winter... should be plenty good, i can move a lot of dirt with it!
greenthumb.gif

jeff its a direct bolt up, dont have to change anything!
beerchug.gif

frank snerd (Fsnerd), If ya have tubes you can fill your tires. I hear (read) windshield washer fluid works good. Should give you about 50lbs per rear tire.
thumbsup_old.gif

Brendan Brigham: Regarding your 1450 conversion to round-fender. I sure would like to see pics if you do that conversion. I am getting ready to refurb a 1650 and my pan is shot. Seeing your idea has put some new thoughts into my head. I'd love to see what you do with yours.

We have enough snow to push and my 147 with chains weights and blade is 6 miles from here. Was using it on my other property and left it there. I found that getting the chains tight on turf tires improves traction about as much as weight.

Pics of Rick Simoneau's 123/loader:

182008.jpg

182009.jpg

182010.jpg

182011.jpg

182012.jpg

182013.jpg

182014.jpg

Gotta love it!
thumbsup_old.gif

Frank Snerd. I would recommend chains and as much weight as you can get. Some people use 2 weights per tire. I use a set of Sears weights on my blower machine. They are 30# each. The OEM are expensive cuz people want the IH original. I use a 160# block of concrete on my snow plow machine. For pushing snow more weight and more traction is better.

coffee.gif

cub day a-coming.... snow is south of here, we're just a wee bit nippy...

Thanks Frank! Now, can someone help me get the proper type front tires for this tractor.....Should I use agricultural tires?

hey rick! you stole my wheel weights!
clappy.gif
anyways just thought i should do some updating, i got the 149 back on all fours.

182018.jpg

and guess what else.... its snowing!!!!!!!

182019.jpg

first snow fall of the year!, i gotta go move some stuff so i can get to the 71 if need be that was around 9 this morning and it hasnt slowed down yet!

Rick, Well that all depends. With there being a loader on the tractor you would want to stay with the same size front tires that you now, which is 16x6.50-8. I have seen loader tractors with the narrow 4.00-8 tires on the front as well. the narrow tires steer easier, but they will not give you the extra stability on slopes and hills. I bought a pair of front ag tires for my 147 and they dont steer too hard and they provide great traction in almost any condition.

Matt S, you and your pictures
taunt.gif

did you get a diiferent cell phone number?

Looking to add fenders to my 1965 100. Is the correct application with a full seat pan or with filler piece attatched to each fender? I see the fenders listed for sale with either of those but want to keep original. Please advise. Thank you.

Greg P., here's a couple photos of cast end, pin on decks that would be what would go on a 100 that show the decals.

182021.jpg

182022.jpg

Mark Y., here's what parts should be included in a 70/100 fender set. The fenders with a full width filler panel between the fenders would be for an Original, not a 70/100. The Original also has a rod that mounts between the fenders to help stiffen them.

182024.jpg

Back