• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 04, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm wondering if a wallpaper stripping solution would work for taking off the decals. You would have to score the old decals for it to work. I used some stuff that took 25 year old wallpaper off of one of my bedrooms walls and it worked great for that. It wouldnt hurt the fiberglass either. Then all you would need is a plastic scraper, they can be found in any kitchen supply store.

Okay Now I'm an unlurker
Paint prep question.
Would it be okay to clean off parts that were sanblasted and then wire wheeled or sanded with isoprpyl alcohol?I see that it contains water. Trying not to use laquer thinner or acetone. Too much v.o.c.' s. Thanks, Lew

A scraper like this. Not really sharp edges but could be "sharpend" to work.
110937.jpg

Works good for running caulk seams too!

Update on the 1650. tonight I replaced the condenser ... changed out the points and reset them to .020 also replaced the rod between the points and cam { it was wore a touch slightly shorter than the new one } fired up the thing let it warm up and she still does the back firing and spittin and sputtering ...Now Iam confused any more advise

Should I pull the motor and drop the pan to see if the timming marks are correct???

Charlie,
Hows the move going? Hopefully good!

Took the 123 frame to the shop today to RE weld the tunnel? cover where the PO choped it out and welded it back in to get to the top of the hydro.Planned to fill in the three holes Also but the stinkin welder was on the fritz.Next week!
Welcome Joe 10 years huh wow glad to have your input.
Like Kendell said you all have valuable knowledge!I never heard of plastic razor blades before.Thought I missed out on a joke!!

Rob:
I'd make doubly sure that all the external parts were OK before thinking internal - if possible by replacement off a running engine, like you did with the carb. Internally, things that could make it spit and back fire could be cam timing off or (long shot) maybe something wrong with the ACR. Also, I'd look at weak valve springs (valve float at higher RPM), or too tight on the intake valve clearance (holding the valve off the seat and getting worse as it gets warm).... The thing I always consider is that it's something marginal if it starts and runs, but has a problem (totally bad parts usually will keep it from running at all)
1a_scratchhead.gif

Plastic razor blades?? Now I know what the Grump shaved with!!!!

Rob D., just one more thought. Do you have the condensor wired to the coil correctly...BTDT with my 128. The engine would start fine, idle, anything over 1/2 throttle spit,sputter. After checking timing, carb settings, fuel flow and rechecking, I took another look at the wiring diagram. That was my DOH! moment for that day.

Did somebody say Grump? Where is that guy anyway? We need him back. With all of the lurkers showing up, everybody's all happy........and stuff.
happy.gif

I know he's around. I saw his car parked out front.

110941.jpg

<font size="+2">Ken?.....

Oh Ken!!?!???!?!?</font>

Keith, off the topic question, but underneath your tractor is that floor painted with that rustoleum garage floor paint? My wife wants me to do our basement floor with that stuff and was just wondering how well it works. And how well it holds up and is it a pain in the butt it to apply? Thanks, Nick
beerchug.gif

I really hate to demonstrate my ignorance in public, but I need to know about the nomenclature used for bolts in the parts manual (and Parts Lookup). Specifically, what the heck does "Znd" mean?
1a_scratchhead.gif

Ex: Screw, 3/8-16 X 1-1/2 Znd Hex Hd Cap Type 8

Did this site go back to Daylight Savings Time? The time on my last post is an hour from now. Or are we doing the Rocky Horror Picture Show "Time Warp?" I know I'm not moving faster than the speed of light!
clappy.gif

(It's only 9:45pm)

Rob,
This happened to me one time on my 1200. I had the + and - swapped on the coil. I was pulling whats left of my hair out! Hopefully that's all that's wrong with yours. Good Luck.

What is a "Brake set up" for a pto,on the front of the engine? I supose its self explanitory but was wondering if someone could explain.

LOL Kendell thats good!!(what the grump shaved with)
I agree Ken needs to come back on.Funny as heck, and a super wealth of info.

I've been exchanging emails the past week or two with KENtucky, aka The Grump. He's been painting lures, fishing, and organizing his MP3 files. He was also complaining about the cold weather.

Keith, nice job on the lift bracket.

Lip, interesting question,
1a_scratchhead.gif
I always thought it meant zinc plating.
dunno.gif
I bet KENtucky would know what it means....

Jason, partway through the wide frame series they incorporated a brake on the mechanical PTO to quickly stop the implement from turning after the PTO was disengaged. It's a safety feature.

Terry, looks like it also means "Zinc-depleted", close enough for me to zinc plating, I think I may have just won something?
proud.gif
With my luck I've probably won a pot of KENtucky's "cow track" coffee.
help.gif
eww.gif

Latest posts

Back