• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 02, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

speterson

displayname
speterson
Arrg, ok here is the picture where I circled the place I'm thinking of adding the ears. From the last post.
46430.jpg

Hello Gang!
Being the new kid on the block, let me introduce myself. My name is Dave Poor and I live in St. Johnsbury Vermont. My newest addition to the family is a 1967 IH Cub Cadet 102. It's just a plain old Cadet. Runs strong and has a mower deck on it. Electric start, no lights. I am hoping to restore the little gem over the next couple of years and look forward to learning from all you people that have done so before me. As I'm still active military, my replys may be slow coming, but I'll answer anyone who replys to me. Look forward to "meeting" all you folks! If you're ever up my way, hope you'll stop in for coffee and chat!

Dave

Dave P.
Glad to see you here and welcome!
thumbsup_old.gif

We have a wealth of information here and a great bunch of guys to boot.
Plus there's several of us old military guys that will do the best we can to get your questions answered.
Check out the FAQ link above too.
bubbly.gif

Reference to the chrismas tree lights, step1:Take out a box, step2:shake the living tar out of them, step3:plug in, step4:if they all light put on tree, step5: If not throw them into file 13 and go back to step1. Charlie got my cab, gonna be all cozy now. Comin your way, got anything else to sell?

On that 127 I posted last night:
Been doing some eBay searching, found several CC, including a few 129s had sold quite cheap. Now I'm thinking that unless the 127 is in exceptional condition, I should offer $400 and not go over $425.
There was a not bad looking 129 that went $313 last month with mower, thrower, and blade.

From what I've read in the last day, it looks like my favorite CC might be a 127, 147, or maybe a diesel. If Gravely was as plentiful, I'd give it more serious thought. The ones I've used had a couple of advantages over CC: great traction and impossible to tip over, and the snowblower will toss snow on the roof of a pole barn 40 feet from the driveway.

Hello once again,
I have surfed through the archive and painting guides and still seem to have a question. I've noticed that in photos of 102's, some of the footboards are yellow and some are black. Mine have been painted black. Originally? I have no idea. So, which would be correct?

Also, on Ebay, one sees new "replacement" decal sets. When it talks of application, it said to wet the back and metal with a spray of water before applying it. Well, I've never heard of that with vinal decals. Can that be right? Before I spend the bucks, I'd like to know if that's correct.

Davey P

127 w/48" - how fast can it mow? Is 3mph unreasonable?
Is the mower a bit large for 12hp/hydro?
Might need to do the Dave Kirk trick on the engine?

Mitch H.
I'll match my single stage IH thrower against a gravely any day!
46435.jpg

Hydros will run about 8 M.P.H.. There's no way to say how fast you can mow since no one here knows if you mow when the grass is 1" high or you wait till it's a foot tall to mow.
And yes a 12 horse will handle a 48 with no problems.

Dave P.
Most are black IMHO, but the factory sheets show both.
46436.jpg

46437.jpg

Unless your hand is super steady and your eye pretty sharp, you better use something under that decal when placing it. I dilute windex myself. It dries faster.

Something I've always wanted to do was build a log splitter and I have no experience with them. Since I am retired now, I'd like to make that my project. But I want it to run off the front PTO of my 682 or would it be better to run off the hydraulics of a 782? Is this at all possible? My thought was to buy a hand operated splitter from Northern or Harbor Freight & adapt it.

Anywhere I might get some plans for this?

Mitch, I paid 600.00 for my 127 spring 06 it came with a 42in. deck and blower which needed completly rebuilt,auger bearings,chain,spockets,etc. Mine looks great,po gave it a cosmetic restoration,I did a lot of repairs to make a very nice tractor. On mowing speed,I dont try to mow quickly cause when im done i have those other chores to do, you know those that you hate doing. good luck in your purchase. brad
46440.jpg

Charlie,
1st thing, I got another carb and engine runs great now.( I had midrange problem about month ago on a 16 hp kohler if you remember) I just now got to be able to post. 2nd, is your blower you are posting of it blowing snow completely stock or have you (TWEAKED)fine tuned it at all? If so, any suggestions?
Rick

Mitch-
12" tall before I mowed this 1 time with my 71-38" deck in 2nd gear (no creeper). I sold my 25hp-61" deck Grasshopper.

46442.jpg

Could someone identify this part. I am rebuilding my K301 engine and this one part is left over and I cannot find it on the parts list picture.
46446.jpg

Norm:
My splitter (for a full size tractor) is a piece of I-beam with 3pt mounts, a double acting cylinder, and a wedge welded onto one end of the beam. I think you can buy everything but the beam from northern hydro.

Charlie: Did you overdrive your thrower, or is that standard speed?

A Ghost. now that is funny.

Mitch,
the beauty of a hydro is the capability to vary ground speed to mowing conditions, while the engine and PTO and Mower speed can remain constant.
With grass that changes from full sun(thick) to deep shade, I sometimes feel that my ground speed changes every 20' or so, while keeping the load on the engine about the same.

Dave

Norm, Another idea to run your pump is if you look at the rear of your hydro pump you will see a 1 inch stub shaft with a 1/4 inch hole in it it. Put a shaft onto it to a pump mounted onto the rear of the tractor and zing you will have live power. Keep in mind when you buy your pump the direction of rotation of the shaft. I have seen a loader pump run off this way and works sweet.

That is the great thing about a Ronco gear drive Cub...you set it, and FORGET IT...

No whine, no cheese, minimal parasitic loss, leaky hydro seals, bigger motor to pull same load as a geardrive, no creep, no filters...the list goes on and on.

Back