• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 02, 2003

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm working on painting some wheels for a red tractor of mine, I'd like to paint it to match the silver color used on big IH tractors like the rims on a 5488 or something like the rear rims on a 1066. IH carries somthing like 3 colors an argent, silver, and aluminum . . . . . which one is the correct shade for the wheels???

Wyatt,

AFAIK......

AL should be used on the rim portion of any IH tire/wheel combination with a cast center and seperate rim.

Silver was used on 5488 front rims and rear duals (dished center) as well as on most of the implement accents from the mid 80's forward.

Isn't Argent just "Silver" in another language??????

Dale, I'll see if I can find something on the generators, I recall seeing something long ago.

(Message edited by kmcconaughey on December 04, 2003)

Dale, this is the photo I was thinking of, not exactly what you were looking for though. I remembered someone making a generator attachment for their Cub, but I thought they had made a front mount and I thought they had posted more photos.
14270.jpg

Seems to be a little hope in getting some Cub time soon . ..

IAZ008-009-018-019-029-030-MNZ094-050430-
CHICKASAW-CLAYTON-FAYETTE-FLOYD-HOWARD-MITCHELL-MOWER-
INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...AUSTIN...CHARLES CITY...OELWEIN
318 PM CST THU DEC 4 2003

...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 6 PM CST THURSDAY UNTIL 6
AM CST FRIDAY...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN LA CROSSE HAS ISSUED A WINTER
WEATHER ADVISORY. SNOW WILL DEVELOP THIS EVENING AND PERSIST
OVERNIGHT. SNOWFALL AMOUNTS OF 2 TO 4 INCHES AREA EXPECTED. WINDS
WILL INCREASE TONIGHT...CAUSING SOME BLOWING AND DRIFTING OF SNOW...
MAINLY AFTER MIDNIGHT.

sadly, I doubt there will be enough to ride the sled to work at midnight, probably shouldn't trust a Deere that far anyways
happy.gif

(Message edited by wcompton on December 04, 2003)

Kraig,
Thanks, I plan to make a front mount. My Dad used to have one with a Pincor generator on it. It shouldn't be to hard to build. I only have 6 1/2 days to work this year. When I am finish I will post and send you pictures if you like.

Hi Guys! How do you like this? An MTA vs. a 4010!
happy.gif

14276.jpg

As you can see, I gave them a fair start!
14277.jpg

Hard to decide which one to have pull!
Just celebrating getting my computer setup again here at work!
Snow is coming down fairly heavy now. Guess I better get home soon!
I'll check in later from there!
happy.gif

(Message edited by jlang on December 04, 2003)

I have an older 125, I think, and am having a problem with the hydro shift lever. It is real sloppy and have taken it off and drilled a larger hole thru the shaft and the lever. I installed a small bolt and it works fine for a while and gets loose again. I have thought about JB Weld as a possible fix. How hard is it to replace the shaft and what is needed? Any help will be appreciated.

Bob

Any "QUICK" way of checking the S/G to see if it's charging other than changing from one to the other. Something is outta' wack on the 148.
I'll check the FAQ's.

Heh heh, MTA vs. a 4010 . . . . I'd think Deere would need at least that 10 year advantage, I see lots more MTAs around than 4010's.

I'd still have my money on a 5488 vs a new 8120.
<font size="-1">then again the 8120 comes with a Delco AM/FM Stereo Radio with Weatherband, Four Speakers,
Single Compact Disc Player, Clock and Antenna, won't get over 180 bu/acre without that!!</font>

Wyatt! I knew you'd get a kick out of that! Not fair as far as years or HP was concerned, but that's all I had to put against each other! I've got a bunch of those particular tractors though. I don't have any models of the 2 banger jds anymore (mine were sore out or boken by my nephews as a kid), that would be a more fair comparison. I still like the looks of the jd 4010 and Farmal M though!
happy.gif

We had a 3010 on our farm years ago, but not a 4010 while I was involved at least!

(Message edited by jlang on December 04, 2003)

John, that sure brings back memories growing up. Of course there was the great 4020 vs 806 debate which led to the 4320 vs 1206 pull off. Of course we all know which was better in both cases.

The old weather man is taking my fun away again. I was hoping for some seat time in the morning but it doesn't pay to get up early to try to move a 1/2" of snow or slush.

from the icebox of cheshire county, marlow, n.h. its - 4 snows on the way 9-15 in. got 6 in. a few days ago and i done somethin i always wanted to do. i took the 124 with 38 in. deck out and ran a couple of passes in the snow. it was just like mowin grass ofcorse it was powdery. hank left just in time,i wish i could leave too.heh heh whats all the talk about j.d.'s they stopped makin the good ones years ago. i remember the one i drove back when i was 14 or 15 1945 model i think. open pitcocks turn gas on choke turn flywheel over, when it starts close pitcocks. what a thrill for a kid, hop on and ingage the hand clutch. hear that power of the popin johnie. have a good day

I used to have to shut the pitcocks for my dad. Imagine being 5 years old standing inches away from a gas spewing popping monster inside of a tin covered corn crib. Havn't thought about getting the bejesers scared out of me like that in a long time. Thanks for the memories.

We finally got a little snow last night! Like Travis keeps tellin his wife, 3 inches is better than nothin!
14282.jpg

(Message edited by cproctor on December 05, 2003)

Charlie-
We've got about an inch or two, not enough to get the 169 out though.

Had snow sticking to the streets last night so I thought I'd get the Cyclone out . . . . after starting it up and driving it into the garage so that it'd be ready to go in just this case, it was not to be . . . . no spark! I wasn't about to start diging the timing ring out at 1:00 AM. I suppose now the neighbors learned a couple new names for 'Ol Man Deere last night
happy.gif

John-
I'd still like to see a 8120 - 5488 matchup, it would be a VERY nice example of how much styling and cab features you can throw at a tractor and not make a bit of difference to the bottom line.

We only got 1/4". :eek:(

(Message edited by kmcconaughey on December 05, 2003)

Back