• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through August 31, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tcbusch

displayname
Terry Busch
John Jones,
I had 2 cub do the same thing. The connector on the back of the switch had corrosion. I had to pull the switch to clean them up. I know this was the issue because I was able to jump the solenoid and start the tractor. When you jump the solenoid it should click.

Here's some more of my cubs custom wire job. I'm just patching this till I get a new harness. Does anyone have a picture of the correct route for the harness, in particular, around the clutch area. }

64480.jpg

64481.jpg

64482.jpg

well,if anyone gets a chance to go to the old threshers reunion in mount pleasant iowa JUST GO!!! Had a great time. not many cubs but a great showing from IH. Lots of nice steam tractors. Now for a weekend with the grandkids.

I finished swapping installing the Hydro in the Loader today.
64487.jpg

I had a heck of a time tightening the upper neutral adjustment bolt. Bracket #7 attaches to Item #27 in the second drawing. I highlighted the bolt holes red. You are suppose to start the tractor then push the brake down. The tractor is suppose to stop. If it is still moving, loosen the bolts on item #7 and tap the bracket up or down. The problem is loosening and tightening the bolts. The siphon tube is in the way of the top bolt. If anyone has any tricks, I would like to tighten it more.
I also had an issue with reverse. 147 #2 has a fast forward and reverse and the loader did not. Turned out to be clevis #15 was turned in too far. Items #14 and #15 are used to put the Hydro in neutral when you press on the brakes. If item #15 in on too far then the hydro's speed control lever cannot go in reverse without bottoming out the neutral linkages. To see if its adjusted correctly just pull the pin out of item #15. Put the hydro speed control in full reverse. You sound be able to reinstall the pin. if not you should readjust item #15 until you can. The manual says "Check the rod in the speed control cam slot. The rod should not be touching the end of the slot when the brake pedal is fully depressed". Its almost impossible to see the slot. Pulling the pin out of the clevis is the best way to check for binding.
64488.jpg

64489.jpg

Thought I'd drop in for a quick "hi". Have a 3-day weekend and not much to do. Dad brought this home for me this week:

64491.jpg

Has a seized KT-17, but it's a series II. We'll see if I can fix that or not. Can't see it up close or touch/work on it until the middle of December though.
sad.gif

John I just had the same problem. Found out it was a bad PTO switch. If you look at the wiring diagram you'll see that one side of the switch is for the PTO, the other side completes the electric circuit for the tractor. When the switch was checked, the pto worked, but the other side of the switch was bad. Hope this helps

Allen: LOL I think everybody ran outside; to nice to stay inside here in the midwest.

Pops----my weekend to work at the hospital yuck!

Thanks for the info on the solenoid location on my 1000. Re-did all the connections and so far so good, time will tell as usual.

"Belly" blade: I just bought a "belly" blade today. I have searched the cub "attachment" manuals online but have not found anything on it. Does anyone have any info. - diagrams and/or manuals showing how this thing attaches and works. Thanks.

any one know if parts are still available for the haban sickle mowers? I have one on my 122 and have been adjusting and have it cutting pretty good but have some guards that need replacing

Pretty quite around here. Everyone must be out enjoying some great Cub weather.
lol.gif

That back yard is looking pretty long.....better go check it out.
war.gif

Jim T.
Looks like your question was answered elsewhere!

Ed W.
Some parts are still around but not to many since Haban sold out years ago.

Brian B.
We were headed for the lake today and I decided to check out a whistle on that tractor I posted the video of a week or so ago firing right up.
I found this,
64499.jpg

After the first pass on the cleanup of the head, i could see why,
64500.jpg

No wonder too, one of the head bolts had been tighten up to the point of it being broken and still in the head,Grrrrrrrrrr
You can see here what side of the head the broken bolt was.
image{d}
The ole head cleaned up really nice too.
64501.jpg

I almost hate to rebuild the carb, since it started so well before, even with the warped head and whistling air leak.

And no I'm not going to decarbon the head or the block. I'll pull it again after 3 or 4 tanks of gas run through it with Cermax added, just to show ya how well that stuff really works.
whistling.gif

Charlie,

Not really. I got a pic of the cover of a manual. I was hoping to get a breakdown of parts, mounting, etc. so I'd know how it mounts up. I think there may have been some parts added that are throwing me off a bit. I can't believe you don't have two or three of these lying around with all the manuals included
bouncy.gif

Dang and my fishing pole was right there too.
lol.gif

Most of my day was spent cleaning up wiring, reinstalling the deck and trying to adjust the motor enough to get the drive shaft to quit spinning, no dice. Looks like I might have to shim the front of the motor up a few thou' to get what I want. Put a new muffler on and found that the hood clearance was <u>way</u> off, had to shim the muffler down about a half inch but no big deal. For the real show stopper I'm going to pick up the clutch shroud for it tomorrow.

I think I'll take to my folks tomorrow and do some plowin just for some fun.

Went to the Rice county gas and steam engine show. Its a mile from the house. Minneapolis Moline was the featured tractor this year. The were a couple of cubs.
Here are a couple of trailer queens.
64512.jpg

64513.jpg

64514.jpg

And a couple hot rods.
64515.jpg

64516.jpg

Just wanted to invite everyone to the 23rd annual White River Valley Antique Show this coming weekend at Elnora, IN. September 6, 7, 8, and 9 2007. Featuring Co-op and Cockshut tractors. There is a huge flea market, consignment area, horse pull, tractor square dancers, garden tractor pulls, big tractor pulls, threshing, and plowing.

I myself will have 16 Cub Cadets on display plus some big tractors. Usually some others show up. I talked with a guy the other day that has some 82 series that he is going to bring.

Just wanted to post a picture of the girls out sunning themselves today. The 169 coudn't make it in time for the picture though.
64520.jpg

Latest posts

Back