• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through August 30, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lonny,

Switch back to straight 30wt. oil. Worn engines will DRINK 10W-30.

Jeffery,

The correct balance of idle mixture screw and main jet adjustment should make the off-idle transition a fairly smooth thing......remember, you don't have 3,5,or 7 other cylinders like a car/truck to smooth things out.

Brian,

Sorry to hear about your close call. Glad everything is OK. Hydros can do things when hot that they don't normally do when cold or warm. Hot thin oil can minimize the "hydraulic brake" effect on manual check valve machines.

Dave K2, nice progress on the loader mutt!

Jeff R., yep! :eek:)

Thanks, Steve. Wife says she never saw me move so fast. She now calls me The Flash!

Brian "Flash" Jordan.......

Looks like somebody's got a new nickname around here!!!!!
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Ronald Clark:

It sounds like to me, that you may have a bad wire connection (corroded, loose, broken wire, etc). These can be intermintent and hard to find. Have to have a VOM meter and try and catch the problem in the failure mode.

Regarding a 782D, is there anything special I need to know before I take off the rear end and trans from the frame? I know that the bolts hold it on, and that the hydrolic lines need to come off from the pump or the the levers up front, but is there anything else I need to be aware of. I am painting the frame rails, and need to have that taken off to clean up and repair some leaks on it. It is my first COMPLETE rebulid,and I want to do it all correctly, so any hlpe or surprises I may run into, would be greatly appriciated.

(Message edited by ndorn on August 31, 2004)

I suppose Flash is better than Crash.

(...I really wanted to be 'T-Bone') G. Costanza

(Message edited by bjordan on August 31, 2004)

"Your new Delta Tau Delta name is PINTO"

"Why PINTO?????"

"Burrrrrp......Why not?!?!?!?"

Movie????????

About a two months ago I asked for advice on a worn keyway on the front of the engine (on my 124). One wall of the keyway was completely rounded over. I'm pleased to report that it is now repaired:
21245.jpg

A special thanks is in order to Art Aytay and Steve Blunier.

One thing leads to another. While I was working on the keyway, I thought I might as well paint the engine. Always thought it was a black engine (since about a year ago there was extensive discussion on how some replacement engines from Kohler were black). Well, I went to clean it before painting and behold, yellow paint started to appear. 1/2 hr. later, it looked 50% new. Used a rattle can to touch up. . .(don't look to close: it's a work tractor)
21247.jpg

Aw shucks. One more (then I better get back to work).

You can never have enough pics of Slant Grilles.

21249.jpg

Ray L -

Don't you have stuff you're supposed to be packing up there at work? Hmmmm???

Saw your guy in charge of that in the WSJ yesterday...

Hey Ray!!!

Looking good. Thanks for the paint info, helped a lot. When are you going to start on the Original??

BTW, what are the thoughts on a Hydro handling a pair of Cub final drives?????

(Message edited by till on August 31, 2004)

Tedd:
Re the paint. Yep. One day I'll git me one of those fancy sprayguns too. . .

Re the Original, my Cub fund continues to be looted and pilfered by household needs. Can't tell you how much I want to buy that 7 h. engine from Don V. . . .
sad.gif

Gov:
Guy you saw in the WSJ is from a different Dept. . . .
yawn.gif

Tedd-
Single hydro running two final drives? No problem, I'd be a little concerned about the pinon shaft of the spiral bevel set that's putting out all the power, but if you're not pulling real heavy or plowing with it I wouldn't worry too much.

Back