• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through August 28, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kconway

displayname
Kevin Conway
Put my snowthrower back together tonight so it can snow anytime now! One question though, how much tension should be in the chain? Any ideas?
Thanks
Kevin

I've got one small problem with my clutch job. My new bushing in the pin plate is so new that when I disengage the clutch the drive shaft still turns. The bushing that I was given was a little long so I just had it chucked up and turned down to match the old bushings length and yes I removed the burr. The end of the shaft was also polished but something is either not right or I'm just not being patient enough. Other than the shaft spinning everything is smooth and quite. Any ideas, maybe this will go away once I put a few hours on it.
confused.gif

Brian,

Put it in gear, push the clutch in, and let it run a while like that. It will run it self in. If it has enough friction to move the tractor like that something is very wrong.

It's been a busy summer and I haven't been able to read the forum nearly as much as I'd like to lately. So while I catch up, I thought I'd post some post-action shots from Sunday. Yes, I finally got a chance to mow. The rain finally stopped.

64387.jpg

64388.jpg

Steve,

Wow, I'm suprised that IH would even allow the down pressure if it's that hard to to plow with the 3 point. Seems like an easy fix would be to just slot the hole that connects the lift bar to the rock shaft. Interesting......

I just had to get a new pto belt for my 1450 and when checking which one I needed I learned something. There were 2 different pulleys for the pto, a 5" and a 4 1/2". Of course mine is the 4 1/2". Is there a way to put the 5" on it and what part # do I look for?

Jim B.
The Ogura Clutch (Silver In Color) has a 4 3/8" pulley.
Is that the one you have?
Or do ya have the Warner Clutch (Black In Color)has a 4 1/2" pulley.
They won't interchange with one another.

i have a cub cadet 782 and when ever i engage the pto mower blades the engine stall if i shut off the pto mower blades the engine runs fine. any ideas.

Brian B.
Another thing you might need to do is to adjust the motor sideways one way or the other.
I had the same thing happen on my 72 when I replaced the brass bushing in the drive plate.

Loosen the 4 motor bolts and tweek the motor one way than the other. Dont forget to put a dab of grease on the shaft to help prevent rust build up.

Fran K:

First, welcome to the forum.
64391.jpg

Sounds like some sort of load is creating the problem. I am thinking bad or dry bearings.

I would suggest, that you check two things. (A) Check the bearing in the PTO Clutch assembly to see if it is free wheeling. (B) I would check to see if the pulleys on the Mule Drive Assembly are also free wheeling.

Fran, If it kills instantly you may have a safety switch problem (under the seat). If it spits and sputters it is most likely engine problem(carb not adjusted correctly). There is a possibility of a short in the wireing too but that should blow one of the fuses if so. Good luck.

Hello,
well I got my trunion shaft back from my machinist buddy yesterday,he got the area welded up and now with a little filing it will be like new. I'll take free over 187.00 for a new one any day.
bouncy.gif

Fran K:

Andy brings up a good point.

Just what do you mean by "stall". I assume that something is dragging the motor down.

Can you expand, in a little more detail, what you are experiencing...??

I started this resto/refb first part of July...as the norm I would be done by now as I don't have anything else to do but enjoy the so called Golden Years but..the fickle hand of faith sometimes deals the wrong cards and makes it more difficult but anyway .

Poor SAD 782 the 4084th 82 Series made

64400.jpg

It's alive

64401.jpg

64402.jpg

My first RED one should stand out among the Yellow and White.

Another Trailer Queen yikes

Hey Tom,
Glad to see your feelin up to a little work.
Just don't let that tank cut loose and damage those nice lookin fenders.

BTW, i dunno if you noticed, But your not gonna get very far with that tractor with no rubber touchin the ground.
biggrin.gif

Tom,

Sweeeet!! Almost makes me want to clean my 682 up. Almost. I still have to kick the water issues I keep running into. I just need to clean out the shed and park the poor beast in there out of the rain.....

Charlie
These are being mounted today..

64405.jpg

23-10.50-12 Super Lug
16-6.50-8 Super Lug
Don't want to buy any more tires about 20% more than 2 years ago.

TP

The lift handle on my 122 keeps sticking. I am thinking a bad spring (or at least 30 years of gunk that needs to be cleaned out). I cannot seem to figure out how to get the handle apart in a non-damaging manner(I can get it out of the tractor, but not into its pieces - spring, button, etc). Any pointers will be appreciated.

Thanks
Peter

I am starting to take apart my 105. I cant get the hydr control arm on the dash off. I dont want to damage anything. The screw is out but its stuck on there. Does anyone know of a trick??

Back