• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through August 27, 2012

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hydroharry

displayname
Harry Bursell
Here's a nice original Model 169 perfect for restoration, or use it the way it is. Has correct Serial no. tag indicating build date during Oct. 1974. Has the original rare 13 cooling fin 16hp Kohler K341A engine with serial number indicating 1974 production. The engine starts right up and runs good with no smoke. Has a replacement high back seat with optional arm rests. You'll need to recover the seat or replace it and you can re-install the arm rests. Rear tires are original and ok, but the front are odd size replacements. Has the original hour meter on the side panel and I think the lense will polish up good. Has the original dual hole quiet style air cleaner. Has the original muffler that still seems good, which is NLA and you just can't find anymore. No attachments. If you're looking for the right unit to restore this is it. Make this tractor look like the one posted in my profile. Any questions send to e-mail in my profile. If you don't hear back post a note here since sometimes they get blocked. $1100 OBRO picked up in Connecticut at zip code 06798.
243971.jpg

243972.jpg

243973.jpg

243974.jpg

243975.jpg

243976.jpg

243977.jpg

Ive got a 52" snow/dozer (hydraulic) blade from an 982. Great shape, only used twice. $450obo

540-four five four-7000

For sale internal brake rear end from a 782 {without hydro} lots of good parts $50.00 cash obo... possible delivery to a fall plow day in the midwest

244005.jpg

Hey Guys - the 1x4/1x5 headlight assembly and switch posted on 8-17 is sold. Still have the Narrow Frame rear lift and the RARE Model 169 posted on 8-27.

I think I'm far enough from Harry that this won't be competing or stepping on any toes. Refurbished 169 with L*O*T*S of new stuff. I have a huge list of all the parts and stuff done on this. Frame off repaint with lots of pics. Not original motor. Everything else factory correct. $1100
Also a 104 complete and running. Needs shifter weld and one tube in front. Good straight tractor. Runs/Drives smooth with working 38" deck. $350 with spare 104 parts tractor included.
244045.jpg

244046.jpg

Kevin Sanders - hey doesn't your 169 have a 12hp engine???
And yes, you're competing but hey, that's good. I don't want people to think I'm trying to rob them. The 16hp Kohler K341A with 13 cooling fins in my 169 is rare and it's valuable. Not all of the 4005 Model 169's were built with this rare version of the K341A and they are extremely hard to find out there in running condition, let alone find an original style muffler, original style air-cleaner, etc.

Cub 122 roller with rear lift ,motor is disassembled and will be included. $200 call Daryl at 3137321260

Harry,
I planned to sell this anyway and didn't think it would be competing several states over. Sorry for any hard feelings. Mods can delete my ad. Not trying to rival anyone here.

Kevin, I don't see anywhere in the rules that you can't post an item that is competing with another. Why would we delete your post?
1a_scratchhead.gif
For example, people post competing adds for things like three point lifts and spring assist quite frequently, I don't see anything different from that and a 169. Well other than a 169 is harder to find.
happy.gif

I'm with Kraig!
I don't care if you lived across the street from someone selling the same thing, GO FOR IT!!!!!!

Just don't want to offend anyone, that's all.
thumbsup.gif
I'm fine either way.

Kevin - I've got no hard feelings and I hope you don't either, but I was hoping you would answer my question. You only indicated your 169 does not have an original engine. Is it a 12hp? It would certainly help for people to know up front.

If it is a 12hp that's a really BIG difference between our tractors. I pointed out not only is it hard to find an original 16hp K341A engine that is correct for a 169, it's harder to find one that's running, and even harder to find the 13 cooling fins version, and with an original correct muffler and air cleaner it makes it extremely hard. I know you put an extensive amount of work into your restoration and it certain has value, but the truth is alot of guys can put that work into a tractor and many on here do just that, but there are not alot of these guys that could find an original 16hp K341A 13fin Kohler.

With regard to competition, I'm with Kraig and Charlie, and I love it.
fence.gif

And I actually knew someone that drove from Montana to Massachusetts to buy one of these tractors, so across the street or across the country, it's competition. Heck, I was even hoping one of the guys from north of the border might wanta spring for it. Come on guys! I'm waitin to hear from ya.
groupwave.gif

I am all for competing on selling things, people buy what they want, for the $$ they want. If someone wants to pay more for widgit A in comparison to widgit B that is their choice. Ask what you want for your tractor, take it or leave it, if the buyer doesn't like it, hit the road!
1AA_dance2.gif
Both of you have nice tractors and both have their + over the other. ONLY issue I have, is I can't afford either of them
angry.gif

BUT, I do want to have a look at them there RED tractors your teasing me with Kevin. How about throwing a few pictures of them up on another part of the forum or shoot me an e-mail that's in my profile. Can we all say it together...SWEET look'n tractors!
animatedihbear.gif

Yes, it is 12hp. It was an incorrect AQS that was hacked into it by the P.0. I converted it all back. Someone down here has a few 16hp motors but they aren't 13 fin.

Guess I was wrong. I popped the head off today and something didn't look right. I measured it and the motor in the 169 is a 13 fin 14HP (not 12, not factory 16). I tore it down more since I saw oil in the cylinder and found a fresh bore, new piston and new rod. Turns out the oil ring was overlapped and not working right. I went ahead and threw new rings here since I happened to have a set and re-honed it to ensure I didn't have to tear it down again.

Now here's what I should have done before.
Good: Rebuilt pto with brass pto button and turned down pto faces. Partially rebuilt steering. Replaced frame (installed correct serial tag on it), wiring harness, rear end casting, dash tower and quite a bit more. New paint and decals and motor/rear end seals, Added the lights and hour meter back. Redid all hydro linkage and welded trunion. Added deck and subframe. Also apparently freshly bored 14hp with piston and rod (.030 over). No wonder the generator struggled with it with a weak battery.

Bad: NOT original 16hp motor. Lights not wired (do burn) since I used a replacement harness and just haven't gotten that far. Tires are decent but checked some and needed tubed (which I did)

I have 2 125 cub cadets that have to find a new home. I need the space, so these two have to go. The first 125 I have had about 2 years it very good. I replaced spark plug, wire and points. Cleaned the carburetor. Does not smoke or over heat. I have the mule drive and a 48 inch deck with. Deck is in grate shape blades do need to be sharpened. It comes with spring assist and 3 point hitch. Seat not original but it works. I have another 125 steering bad, does not run at all but I have all the parts to make a good restore or parts tractor. Asking $600.00 or best offer for all. Any questions call 419-709-3946 or shoot me a message. Thanks for looking Larin
Charlie was here.
244144.jpg

Charlie was here.
244145.jpg

Charlie was here.
244146.jpg

The 882D, and assorted implements, I had for sale is gone.

Thank you Troy!

Back