• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through August 25, 2016

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mfrade

displayname
Mike Frade
Wayne S., how is your coil mounted? If the wire mounts/pushes in from on top, the only way I can picture oil getting up there is if the coil is overheating.

Could you run the engine and see if the coil is getting hot?

I just can't see the oil going up unless the oil is "swelling" / expanding... Or I could be all wet like your coil wire!
bash.gif

Attachments

• bash.gif
    bash.gif
    904 bytes · Views: 151
Hydro I'll have to double chk that measure. If it's not just a confluence of shadows causing the hand widths difference in the Advertised Measurement guess I'll just set them out beside the 128.
biggrin.gif

Attachments

• biggrin.gif
    biggrin.gif
    419 bytes · Views: 152
Harry,
Ain't that the biggest PITA you've seen in a long time!!!!!

I called and they said it was an internal thing that the programmer in charge did for some reason unbeknownst to anyone else, LOL

Jason - set them out beside the 128????? When did you get a 128???????

Charlie - yup, really big PITA. Doug says they're sorted by Part No. Why in the H would they do that? Doesn't matter what order the part numbers are in when you're looking at a parts diagram with item numbers. Duh?

Doug - thanks for figuring that out too.

Mike, I'd love nothing more than to get the old 108 running. It hasn't run in over a month, thanks to me being it's mechanic. But hopefully I will have that fixed in soon. I have all the parts, cept the new coil.

Its mounted vertical. I assume it has overheated because I haven't read any other good reasons for the oil to leak. As for why, well talk to my mechanic.
1a_scratchhead.gif
I think I have an electrical issue too (discharge I can't pin down, yearly battery replacement), but I'm an even worse electrician than mechanic. But that's not my #1 worry right now. Getting the two foot tall grass on the septic mowed is #1.

Attachments

• 1a_scratchhead.gif
    1a_scratchhead.gif
    774 bytes · Views: 164
My latest quandary: I have spark, I have fuel to the brand new carburetor, but I don't see any evidence of fuel getting to the cylinder.

This is a new one for me.

1a_scratchhead.gif

Attachments

• 1a_scratchhead.gif
    1a_scratchhead.gif
    774 bytes · Views: 157
Needle valve stuck? Try a couple of raps to the side of the carb body with a screwdriver handle.

Doug, 50c wheels. .....they switched to the solid black wheels on the C decks, most likely the reason.

I gave it a rap but no go. Its basically doing the same thing as it was a month ago, before I ruined the old carb and bought a new one. Gas spewing out the choke, but apparently none getting to the spark plug.

Wayne S.
You say you bought a new carb.
Did you buy a Kohler or did ya hit greedbay and buy one from China?
Oh wait!
I guess there's the Amazon route too,
biggrin.gif

Attachments

• biggrin.gif
    biggrin.gif
    419 bytes · Views: 141
Jason,
Are you putting tubes in those tires? Designated for 7" wheels and gonna put them on 9" wide wheels? May be tough to get them to take air if mounting tubeless.
Of course there a few tricks out there....
whistling.gif

Attachments

• whistling.gif
    whistling.gif
    2.2 KB · Views: 150
Legally, it has to say where it was made. But I believe this is another case of you get what you pay for. I've paid more for junk Kohler carbs than you paid for that one brand new. $38 bucks and it's got tell tale China plating on those shafts and springs...

Kirk L -

YES,,,, 10.5 ag's are going on 9" wide rims!
I never considered using "tubes", for some strange reason I feel tubes are NOT even an Option!!!!
1a_scratchhead.gif

Quote:
"Of course there a few tricks out there...
whistling.gif
"

popcorn.gif

Hydro -

Ok we are splitting hairs now, tire height:

Unmounted uninflated = 21.9688" or 21-31/32nds

308282.jpg
308283.jpg

Now,,, since the Allowable tolerance is "less" than gap difference required to insert hand through, I will be keeping the ag's....
Which means they will not be joining Marty's 128 curbside,,, that is of course unless Shultzie was able to "out draw" Marty......

Attachments

• 308283.jpg
    308283.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 144
  • 308282.jpg
    308282.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 138
  • popcorn.gif
    popcorn.gif
    3.9 KB · Views: 151
  • whistling.gif
    whistling.gif
    2.2 KB · Views: 140
  • 1a_scratchhead.gif
    1a_scratchhead.gif
    774 bytes · Views: 160
  • 308283.jpg
    308283.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 173
  • 308282.jpg
    308282.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 153
Wayne sounds like your generator is overcharging or the resistor in the coil is shorted. What voltage is going into the coil on the + side and coming out on the -side when engine is at wo throttle. Just curious because I had that problem on my 169 and the problem was the voltage regular.

Jason,
Ha Ha.... Marty's post was enough to scare me. I'm staying home.
guns.gif

Attachments

• guns.gif
    guns.gif
    1.1 KB · Views: 148
Nic B.
It has to say where it's made when it hits the original destination supplier.

After that the trade agreement with all foreign importers is null and void, so any country of original labeling can and usually is removed before it hits the US consumer.

are the needles any good on junk Chinese carbs? Main reason I bought it was because I trashed my the needles on my Kohler and I was approaching new carb cost anyway to buy replacement parts. If I can scavenge the main needle from this I'll still come out about even. But its worrisome that I'm experiencing the same symptonms as with the old carb with trashed needle...

Back