• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through August 25, 2016

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The carbs from Chalmers are good after market carbs.

But that's not saying there couldn't be a bad one in the batch, like anything or anyone else out there.

Hey Charlie, since it's OTF, if it's not removed before it hits consumer, it usually is before many of the larger corporations will pay on a contract.
First Hand Experience!!!!

Since NAFTA the "Foreign Label" has caused many issues between contractors and many of our larger clients such as P&G, GE, Phone, and Electric companies who have written into the contractual paperwork that ALL Made in USA Materials Will be used for all aspects of maintenance and construction!

I have literally been told to remove foreign label on numerous occasions!!!
bash.gif

So what do you do? Throw your tools in a bucket and drag up, cause a big stink w/ Union Hall & market recovery dept in turn getting yourself blacklisted, submit, or go postal?
bash.gif
guns.gif
worthy.gif
bazooka.gif

308289.jpg

308290.jpg

308291.jpg

308292.jpg

I myself have fallen into the buy cheap/save a buck scenario many times, most of which have left me spending more money and time in the long run........

It all boils down to, as stated on here many times before,
<font size="+2">"You get what you pay for"</font>

Under Edit:
Of course there are exceptions, as Charlie mentioned, there are "some" quality aftermarket's out there!
shhh.gif

Attachments

• shhh.gif
    shhh.gif
    666 bytes · Views: 115
  • 308292.jpg
    308292.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 124
  • 308291.jpg
    308291.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 120
  • 308290.jpg
    308290.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 125
  • 308289.jpg
    308289.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 110
  • bazooka.gif
    bazooka.gif
    2.2 KB · Views: 114
  • worthy.gif
    worthy.gif
    1.1 KB · Views: 114
  • guns.gif
    guns.gif
    1.1 KB · Views: 112
  • bash.gif
    bash.gif
    904 bytes · Views: 118
  • bash.gif
    bash.gif
    904 bytes · Views: 121
  • 308289.jpg
    308289.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 112
  • 308290.jpg
    308290.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 112
  • 308291.jpg
    308291.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 122
  • 308292.jpg
    308292.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 122
OTF

Took my 169 and the (Mr. Rusty) 400 to the County fairs tractor show, and came home with a trophy for Rusty.

308295.jpg

Attachments

• 308295.jpg
    308295.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 112
  • 308295.jpg
    308295.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 115
That's good to know. So what else might cause (dripping) wet choke with dry plug and no start? I've started with needles at 1.5 turns and backed them out 1/4-1/2 at a time but it doesn't catch anywhere along the way and at about 2.5-3 turns I get gas spraying out the choke.

Jason-
If you're using any sort of post-weld passivation, those marks may come off (at least the laser etched ones can).

Jason,

Yes, there are definitely great aftermarket parts out there. But they aren't CHEAP. So there are no exceptions and the rule still applies. Unless your getting a deal from a friend or IHcubcadet forum member, it's usually not worth the money saved.

As for you scrubbing those import names off... To pass them off as USA made. I couldn't do it.

#1 it's straight up lying.
#2 if I was being directed by a union supervisor to do so, I'd whistleblower is a$$ to the pay company so fast we'd both be fired.
#3 this is a PRIME example of why Unions SUCK! Instructing members to lie, cheat, and steal from a contracted paying customer just to line their pockets and pay the lawyers to fight for even higher wages when they are already lying, cheating, and stealing from that paying customer. Union members have not and will never be hired by anyone in any of my companies.

Yes, I have Union friends, electricians to firemen. And their bad short-cut taking habits even show up on car night. When I find one stuffing trash in a hole or half-a$$ing a weld, they are reminded this is not a union job.

Since it is OTF... And I'm still on my soap box. I worked for Lowes a few years ago and was pleasantly surprised to see how anti-union they were as a company. There was even a 2hr training course on how to identify a union rep and what to do and what police to call if a union rep was found soliciting on the property. I witnessed more than once a union rep scatter like a cock roach when a police car pulls up to him and tells him he's trespassing.

Home Depot and Menards are both very union friendly if your looking for a place to shop. It's probably why I don't shop at those places. Because the employee's treat you like crap, if you can find one. At least in my city, it's like that.

Panther Nic -

WHoLy smokes!!!

Nice summarization of your view concerning labor unions. Absolutely no doubt whatsoever your take on the matter!
thumbsup.gif

I'm lovin THIS OTF,
err.gif

Attachments

• err.gif
    err.gif
    251 bytes · Views: 116
  • thumbsup.gif
    thumbsup.gif
    150 bytes · Views: 116
Wyatt

Many of the piping systems I've had experience w/ in chemical plants, food grade industry, high quality water lines in pharmaceuticals, and even higher octane and quality aviation fuels have required passivation. My take is it basically improves the corrosion resistance of the base material such as stainless and especially the actual weld joints where the corrosion resistance has been comprised due to mechanical workings of the joint and heat due to the welding process.
The solutions pumped throughout the system would never actually come in contact w/ the "outer" etched markings therefore causing Panther Nic's request to have them removed manually before system is fabricated!
beerchug.gif

Attachments

• beerchug.gif
    beerchug.gif
    2.2 KB · Views: 114
Jason - WTF????? Is 1-1/2" some kind of union allowable tolerance that you can "stick your hand thru"!!!

Jeff - since when did taking a 169 to a show become OTF?

Lots of questions today and just waiting for some RFG answers

Back