• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through August 25, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello all, I haven't posted in a while...been lurking a lot though!
lurking.gif
I just got a 16 horse kohler for my 1250 plus a complete hydraulic lift too.
buttrock.gif
Would it be easier to change out the pumps on the transmission or just swap rearends? I have a ported rear from a 149 , the only difference that I can see is the brakes are external on the 149 but I have all the linkage. Finally got to mow some grass today with the 1450. We got 4 to 5 inches of rain last week and the grass changed from brown to green almost overnight.
groupwave.gif
Thanks, Brian.

Forum Pole- Are my neighbors:
A-impresssed with seeing me ride around my yard on a 40 yr old (Cub122) or
B-thinking I'm a freak?
C-they never even noticed?
I dont really care either way... Dave

Dave,you have to be a very secure person to ask that type of question. Answer is actually 'D'. Too cheap to go buy a new tractor.
roflol.gif

David,
Most likely it is option C.
Though if you have a neighbor that has a good eye for the classics, than option A.

I fall in with B in my neighborhood, i.e. my neighbors think I am a Freak.
screwloose.gif

My neighbors just wish I'd stop mowing before dark with the 72 with the straight pipe.....it has a bit of a BARK!
thumbsup.gif

With me, it wasn't so much the neighbors at home as the people at work... Along with the calender from Oscar this year, there was the diecast model , pics / wallpaper on the 'puter and seeing the forum page as home page on my browser(starting in '99), they had to listen to what I'd recently done with the Cub too - and this was long before the forum started ('85)!!
ihrotate.gif

beer2.gif
...that crazy Jerry's outta here!

I bet there was a second party after your retirement ;)
biggrin.gif

Kinda funny. All this talk of balance gears lately. Had to put a flat oil pan on my 301 today and looked over the insides real quick and seen how sloppy the balance gears were. They had evidence of being banged around quite alot. They have been put into the circular file to be lost. As lose as they were I'm supprised they haven't air conditioned the block yet. Glad I changed the pan.

Bren

DAVE Shumski - Back a page on this forum You asked about leaf & clipping collection sytems for Your sweet looking 127. Several forum regulars have collection equip. PECO, Trac-Vac, Agri-Fab, I've even seen one made by Ohio Steel Fabricators and I made one from scratch myself because I had special requirements I wanted met. Then there's the D-R stuff and other small manufacturers advertised in the back ads in magazines, and unless You can find a used one the price of admission is around $1000. Lawn sweeper pulled behind Your 127 isn't quite as fast, more work, but cleans better and results in more seat time and $250 gets You collecting. When I pulled a sweeper Son normally pulled it with a 129 and I hauled away with My cart pulled by My 72. LOTS of work grabbing handfulls of clippings out of the sweeper throwing them into the cart! Son took off to college 7-8 yrs ago I had to build Mine...I had about $450 invested in materials & parts to build it.

A BIG THANK YOU!!! to Myron and Charlie for both sending Angel and me the necessary item for picture resizing.

David P. My neighbors don't think I'm crazy just a little obsessed. Still... they don't complain since we've moved in and I've taken to mowing some of the town's empty lots to make things look nicer in the neighborhood. If I had garage room to put the deck on Clarence (102) then the neighbor boy and I would have our pics of four Cubs to mow with.
64330.jpg

Fancy our in/outdoor kitty
64331.jpg

Fancy always wants to ride on my shoulders only he can't sit still.
64332.jpg

Marlin, are the grain elevators across the street yours?
Get one of those backpacks for infants, maybe the cat will stay kinda still in there.

Guess I should look before I ask, found lots of info in the faq's to answer my own question. Thanks for all the help.
bash.gif
now to get busy.

Brian.

Think I've got to go with Allen- too cheap to drop a grand on a new (lightweight) tractor. Really, all apply to me too. Dave P

Dave P...
You don't look any sillier than your naeighbor Dan w/ his Massey-Harris going down the turnpike....
rofl.gif

Hi everybody, new user here...

I recently bought a 1975 model 1200. It runs great! However, my yard is so rough that mowing will knock your fillings out. The lift handle button rattled off last time I mowed and then the rod assembly bent underneath. I am trying to figure out how to get it off so that I can straighten it (or replace it). Unfortunately I don't have either the tractor manual or the mower deck manuals (yet). I really need to mow again soon, can anyone advise me? Thanks in advance.

Margaret:
Is number 5 in the illustration below what bent?
BTW - I got this from the MTD parts lookup at the top of the page, I searched on 1200 and then on the implement handle subheading in the window that pops up..

If it is number 5, then I think the mower deck needs to come off and the tractor tipped sideways or lifted up to get the rod out... Hope you rescued the other parts... Oh, and almost forgot - welcome to the Forum!!!
64361.jpg

Thanks for the welcome! Yes, the bent rod is part #5 in the illustration. I also thought I might have to jack the tractor up to get the rod out, but if I could figure out how to release the hub (#10) from its shaft sideways (after removing the footrest) it would be pretty easy to fix. The question is, how to get all that cast iron apart?

Thanks again everyone.

Back