• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through August 23, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dfrisk

displayname
Dennis Frisk
STEVE - Buddy lives in Moline. Mapquest says from Moline to Rantoul is 3 hrs. 10 minutes so I expect We'll get there around 9-9:15 AM. I'm not so interested in the 60 bottom plow demonstration... That's easier to do with a fleet of Cub Cadets.... But there's some BIG red iron I'm hoping to ride a round or two on. Plus I'm picking up some parts for My Super H. I saw in My Chapter #4 newsletter We're bidding on the '09 RPRU to be in Edgerton, WI. so I've only got three years to get My Super H show-ready.

Okay, got another newbie type question.
I bought a replacement muffler for my 72 because I figured the one one it would be all rusted out. It isn't, rusty but not rusted out. I put the new one on anyway but then the other day I happened to notice that the old one is about an extra 1/2" across than the new one. It doesn't seem to bother the motor any... Any advantage to either one?

Decided to pull the hydro off of the "stuck" 782. Just as I feared, the motor is stuck solid. Something else looks wrong though. Is the cork gasket upside down? Would this be enough to wreck the hydro?
30258.jpg

Also, are any parts interchangeable with the older hydros on IH built cubs? (Including non-ported ones?)

Attachments

• 30258.jpg
    30258.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 229
  • 30258.jpg
    30258.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 237
Matt G:

As best as I can see, it looks like you are right on that cork gasket. This would not be a good thing. IIRC, the bottom middle hole, (if installed correctly) would allow oil to drain back to the sump area. Looks like you will have to open it up, or look for a replacement.
Just my observations,

happy.gif

Attachments

• happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 233
Letsee here... Steel wheels are better because...

1.They don't leak air ( particularly good if your air compressor is older than your tractor)

2. You can't put them on backwards

3. No bead breaker required

4. Paintable

5. Puts an end to that annoying "Comfortable ride" of pnumatic tires.

6. When you put them in the river they don't float and therefore cannot possably be a witch.
joker.gif

Attachments

• joker.gif
    joker.gif
    598 bytes · Views: 221
Matt G:

Here is a CC Hydro (Sundstrand) diagram. The <font color="ff0000">red</font> <font color="000000">arrow shows the oil return. My guess, this hydro had a "starving" situation.</font>

30261.jpg

Attachments

• 30261.jpg
    30261.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 229
  • 30261.jpg
    30261.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 279
Matt G.

Pull the cork gasket off, if I remember right the 782 doesn't have the drain back hole like the previous hydro's did. That is probably not the problem.

Steve B.

I'll have some picture on tomorrow if I can get done with the mod.

Ok, we took the hydro apart....I'll let the picture speak for itself:

30263.jpg

So now the question is, can I install a cylinder block, pistons, and slippers from a non ported pump out of a 125 into here? If not, what are my options?

Attachments

• 30263.jpg
    30263.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 271
  • 30263.jpg
    30263.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 244
Matt G:

Looks like you need a Swash Plate and some new Plunger Pistons. I would certainly try and use the ones from another Sundstrand Hydro. As long as the Piston Plungers move freely in the Cylinder Block and there is no scoring, I would think the cylinder block would be OK. Depending on the age of your 782, there was a change in those swash plates. The Hydro should have a Sundstrand Hydro number (ie: 90-1225-CCW). This will identify which swash plate you should get.
Hope this helps,

Sorry I did not post this last night. I was elbow deep in hydro problems. I still don't know why some guys love em. I have decided on a date for Plow Day. It will be Oct 22nd with a rain date of Oct 29th. Sorry for those who have plans/anniversaries.

Curt, where did you get the muffler? If you got it from the cub dealer then it should be the correct muffler, they like to call it the little pepper pot. The generic ones you get at lowes or elsewhere are not correct as they are bigger in diameter than the original ones. Cheers Mike, PS I also have a 72 with the correct original muffler.

If a starter/generator keeps the battery charged-Then whats keeping the battery charged on units that just have starters? This is probably a simple question with a simple answer, but it's not simple to me because I don't know the answer.

I bought a blade for a 1650. Does anyone have any pictures so I'll know exactly how to install it? It was affordable, but there were no instructions.

Gary,

A stator on the engine and magnets inside the flywheel create AC current which is converted to 14.2V DC by a rectifier/regulator in the flywheel shroud.

Gary L.
30266.jpg

30267.jpg

30268.jpg

30269.jpg

Attachments

• 30269.jpg
    30269.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 278
  • 30266.jpg
    30266.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 258
  • 30267.jpg
    30267.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 245
  • 30268.jpg
    30268.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 225
  • 30269.jpg
    30269.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 240
  • 30268.jpg
    30268.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 236
  • 30267.jpg
    30267.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 210
  • 30266.jpg
    30266.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 249
Lonny, I hear from him via email on a regular basis. Why?

Mike,

I'm not sure where I got the replacement muffler, it was months ago, one of the sponsors though for sure. I *think* it was CNGCO because I bought some Farmall stuff at the same time. The replacement looks like a pepperpot, the replaced looks like a, uhhh, coffee pot with holes in it? Its about the same diameter as a java bowl where the pepperpot is more the size of a large coffee mug.
Hey I work with computers, computers and coffee go together.

Back