• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through August 17, 2018

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a couple questions here my 149 has a shear bolt in the hole for the shear pin between the engine and driveshaft is this correct. I assume it’s a grade 5 there’s 3 slash marks on the head of the bolt. Also my 1650 won’t run at full throttle if I throttle it up it will run at maybe 1/4throttle for a couple seconds and back down to a little faster than idle. I had the throttle cable off and don’t know if that’s not back together right or if it’s in the governor. Thanks in advance

Looking for some additional info for my 104...
1a_scratchhead.gif

Has anyone ever built a replacement mule frame? Was wondering if there were any dimensioned drawing/sketches that might me help out.
I have the nose/pulleys and the lever mechanism, just no main frame.
TIA

Jeff,

Just get a used mule drive, they should be a dime a dozen......

Aaron, There is supposed to be a pin in there , NOT a bolt.

IH-19837-R2

Is your drive hub slot all wallered out??
If so, that may be the reason someone put a bolt in there. And, IF it's wallered out, there's a good chance the end of the driveshaft that fits in it could be toast as well.

I think it would be a good idea to slip that engine forward enough to inspect and replace parts as neccesary on both ends. Your fan may be toast as well.

Steve thanks…. HA - dime a dozen I'm sure if I were in the US. None for sale north of the border and shipping, duties, brokerage and taxes make that dime go wayyyyy up.
I have another one I will use and replicate it, I just figured I'd throw the question out there in the event there was a drawing floating around out there.

Sorry to hear that Jeff. I'd love to give you a couple. I'm sure shipping kills a lot of "good deals".

Mike F., Haven't had a chance to get out to my friends yet, lots of OT at work. And I'm unable to resize the pic I got of that 100 on steroids. Looking for a new computer now....

But I'm going to try and pickup another 100 with deck but no s/g if a price is agreed upon this week, we'll see.

Aaron,

Yes, there is suppose to be a pin, not a bolt. My 149 ran with a grade 5 bolt for many years, though it would break occasionally(at a bad time, like in the middle of the yard) and I would have to hunt down another bolt from the bin. I finally got a new coupler, driveshaft and pin from Charlie. Though it was a nice part, the pin does still come loose and I have to run a hose clamp around it to keep it in place. I love my hydro, but this is one part I wish was better designed.

I got a general starter generator question. Can they be reversed easily? I have or from probably a Briggs, but may need one soon. Sorry not an electrical engineer, I know red is negative and black is positive, or was it the other way around?
1a_scratchhead.gif
err.gif

No worries on the fenders Earl... The tractors just sittin' anyway.

While you can probably run the motor backwards the starter drive won't run backwards.

Back