• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through August 15, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Charlie - I can take a couple of snap-shots
if you like and post them!
Maybe someone in the mid-Mich area has a
gear box for a rotor tiller they could
turn loose of.

p.s. I guess you could move snow too huh!

David H.
just so you'll know, the classifieds are FREE now and posting there that your lookin for one would probably get someone's attention.

Ray L.

If you get that tiller chain case apart, do us a favor and take some pictures of what the chain and spockets look like. I have a 1A tiller and I'm curious to know what a 30 year old chain drive looks like.

While we're all talking about tillers....

I'm wondering if I can use the mule drive from my 44" deck on my tiller mounted on my 128. The pulleys are at an angle so this doens't seem that it will work, but in Bill C.'s picture on the previous page, it looks like he's using is 44/50 mule drive with the tiller on his 1450. Does that work, or do I need to find another mule drive?

Well, I can't seem to re-create the fuel leak I had a couple of weeks ago. And I kinda hate to go in there and mess with something for nothing. At least now I'm armed with short list of suggestions when it happens again.
proud.gif

i checked the cub faq but no luck. . Didn't see anything there.i am guessing that the 105 has internal breaks. Any other suggestions?. thanks for the help

Matt G: You are correct. I did use a mule drive from an A series deck set-up.

I checked with some 'parts sellers', and nobody had a mule drive with straight brackets at that time......so, I took the mule drive apart, and straightened the pulley brackets, so the belt would run straight to the 90* gearbox pulley.

I believe if you were to use a mule drive with the angled pulley brackets, it will ruining the belt.

Mike F: Hopefully it won't decide to start drippin' again.....
happy.gif

Bill C.-

Thanks, I've got a spare "A" style mule drive, I'll bend the pulleys straight... next question, did you rig up a 2nd eye bolt in place of the spring loaded tensioner?

Matt: Nope...lol..
38158.jpg

the mule drive is 'stock'...except for the straightened pullies.

I have run that set-up for 2+ years now, with no problems at all.

hey guys,thought i would try the new site with a few pics of some of my boys,everybody loves pics dont they??
38162.jpg

Ken, good looking tractors you have there! What brand tires are on the back of the 102?

They are dunlop atv size 25-10-12,I picked them up at a yard sale down the street for 20 bucks, they had plenty of tread left,I think they are 50 bucks a piece new,they seem to give the 102 a old time look and they grip real good.

Trying this resizing thing and am not real good at it yet,sorry.
38171.jpg

Ken M,
You can size it a tad larger if you would like.
Also, after you type, hit the return key and then place your pic info.
biggrin.gif

Jerry H.
Don't hold your breath! Projects usually take me months-at-a-time. Between mowing and playing with the kids and honey-do's, wrenching is dead last.

Re the tiller, my goal is to get the tines off and remove the bearing covers and have a look. I'm hoping things won't be bone dry and beyond repair. I don't intend to take the chain housing apart if it's holding the oil. There is significant oil leaching out of the bearing cover. I'll post pics as I go.

Back