• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through August 11, 2019

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kide

displayname
Gerry Ide
Digger: You mean 50 kind of Slick?
1a_scratchhead.gif
angel.gif

Gerry, going by Charlie's post, I think you got it. But any oil is better than none.
icon_eek.gif

Oil.....Some is better than None.....
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Hi all...it's been a tough week here. My Dad passed away last Thursday after his second battle with cancer. He loved old tractors, including his restored IH Super M, our IH 560 bought new by my grandpa in 1961, and a JD 110 that he had restored to mint condition a few years ago. My main reason for posting, though, was to share this recent video interview of a gentleman who built a 3/5 scale model of an IH Original Cub Cadet. Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfxMLZFAqmk&t=7s&fbclid=IwAR0504_bQ7WbQu7G5Kixx0izS1MU_tf66-UilWtLU1_HGiuPMofXy14De5E

Steve S.
Sorry to hear that man!

My thoughts on deals like this are, People are in a better place with no pain.
angel.gif

Steve S., sorry to hear. My condolences. Thanks for the video link. That reminds me of the partially finished, 1/2 scale Cub Cadet Original that was at one of Blunier's Plow Days some years back, around 2004. That one was mostly cast aluminum if I recall.

I haven't posted here for a while but I'm still cubbing and I stop in often to see what other cubbers are doing with their machines. Today I'd like to pick up some information. The main drive belt on my 129 w/50 inch deck finally broke after many good years and I've been checking around for a new one IH # IH 117465 C1 This is the number for a standard black belt 3/8 X 79 but the belt that was on my 129 is blue and a bit wider than 3/8 I've read that these are kevlar belts and last much longer but I can't find much information about them. Any help on this would be much appreciated....my grass is still growing as I type

My condolences Steve.

I wish I had some pictures handy from a fellow I knew in Michigan that built a few scale tractors. Just using bits and pieces kind of things and they were amazingly accurate. He hauled them on a downsized drop deck behind his downsized Peterbilt. Met him through the antique truck club.

Wish they would've actually shown the 3/5 scale tractor in the video. The bits you get to see look great, would like to actually see the whole deal.

Thanks for sharing the video Steve, again - sorry for your loss.

Anthony J,

You are fortunate that your previous "blue" belt lasted as long as it did. My experience using non-OEM wider belts on 1X8/9 series models is one or two cuttings and the belt is toast. 1/2" wide belts don't seat into the pulley's properly which reduces the belt surface area in contact with the pulley. This leads to excessive slippage under load which burns up the belt. Also, non-OEM belts are not designed for the twisting action (continuous change in direction) the mule drive belt undergoes from the engine PTO pulley to the mower deck and back.

I've had good success with the correct OEM belts. According to Charlie's FAQ's the correct mule drive belt number for a 129 w/44 or 50" deck is IH-59971-C1 (3/8" X 78").

Also, inspect your mule drive tensioner pulleys to make sure they spin freely and the bearings are not worn out.

Steve,

I know just how you feel. My dad passed in October, and I still miss him greatly.
Some days are better than others. It helps to stay occupied.

Our prayers and thoughts are with you.
angel.gif

Charlie,

We hit our high around 3 pm today, 98 degrees with a heat index of around 106.
icon_eek.gif

Steve S.

Sorry to hear about your dad, you have my sympathy.

Kraig,

Roy Baker made the AL Original model of the Cub Cadet

Ron S
Thanks for the information. I looked in Charlies faq's and measured my old belt again and it's absolutely 79 inches so I'm going to go out and measure the pulley as the faq indicates a 79 on a 5 inch pulley and I seem to remember the guy I bought it from said something about a higher speed pulley but that was about 8 years ago. The pulley's on the mule drive are in great shape,smooth bearing roll, no wobble side motion or noise.

Charlie, wow, that has a little bit of everything on it.
a_blink2.gif
Agreed, your tag line may have meet it's match.
icon_eek.gif

Back