• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through August 08, 2013

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Morning all. thought I'd see if any body else is planning on attending the show in union gap next weekend. we'll be loading up thurs. night and heading over Friday.

JEREMIAH - "RINGING" ears is a purely subjective measurement. My ears ring 24-7-365. I ran a BUNCH of those miserable 2-cyl. farm tractors as a kid. First time I ran the R diesel I disked corn stalks for 4-5 hrs, my ears rang for 6-8 hours afterwards. Never had that problem on a FARMALL.

I'm not surprised a new muffler replacing a blown-out one made 1 dB improvement. With my meagar understanding of sound abatement, a muffler to quiet a Kohler would have to be about as big as the engine itself, maybe bigger if you want it really quiet, and have such a collection of passages, baffles, and chambers it would cost a fortune and restrict exhaust flow a LOT.

If your engine is "pinging", your carb is too lean, and your ingnition timing may be too advanced.

I recently purchased a used grill for the front of my 105. I want to clean it up and paint it, however I'm not sure what color. I'm not sure if it is silver or the same color as the hood.

Randy, it was originally zinc plated. For the closest look paint it silver.

What a bummer! Went to the farm to reassemble the motor this weekend and realized that the main bearings were <u>shot</u>. The bearings measured roughly three thousands over as well as some scoring. Two new bearings are on order and should be here Friday so we'll see what happens. It just isn't worth taking a chance with this much work in it. On a positive note the new flex hone that came in the other week really worked great, I highly recommend one of these. Also managed to install the rings and lap the valves in, so the jugs are ready to assemble when the block is done.

I have a 44A deck I've been using with a 129 that has hydraulic lift. When I raise the deck the right side comes up first instead of a level lift. I figured this was because I might have broken a roll pin in the rockshaft but it still managed to lift the left side. Today I installed the same deck on a 149 and it's doing the same thing. I watched it through the tunnel and couldn't figure why. Has anyone experienced this on a 1x9? Am I missing something here? I did think it may be a bent undercarriage but I can't find or see a bend. The deck is in good shape and it even cuts good and level which just adds to the confusion.

I would appreciate any input as to what's causing this lop sided lift.

TIA

I have a IH Cub Cadet 125 that needs a new handle grip installed on the lift handle. I have a NOS handle grip. How do I install it without tearing it?
Does the lock lift button have to be removed?
Is the lock button screwed in or press in?

Thanks for any help.

Dale it is a press fit.
You may be able to remove it with a spray of PB blaster and a lock pliers.Not too tight though or you will crush it and it will become useless.

Dale,
You can put some liquid dish soap on the inside of the new grip to help slide it down on the lift arm, or warm it up with a hair dryer.

Back