• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through August 05, 2019

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dtiernan

displayname
Dennis Tiernan
Peoples in Iowa
This might explain why the tractor was in Iowa. I thought I remembered Peoples as the supplier in my home town of Decorah. They don't mention a connection to Chicago. But I can’t help but think that they were tied together. I do remember seeing trucks going around “sniffing”.

Aquilla, that's who we had here as well and
is now Black Hills.
I worked on the pipeline when it came through south of town for a while, 195-=60 I believe it was.
There was a decal on the Cub that stated the equipment for this Cub was made in Clarion Iowa.

"Peoples Gas" has been a very common name in the gas business, especially in the old days of small gas companies.

I immediately assumed Chicago, as Peoples is a very large supplier of gas in the downtown area.

The gas company I work for used to be at least a dozen small companies...all merged up into one big one over the years......

Paul T

Nice recoil 70 with early deck adapters! I can see Jr. Miss has good taste!

Got a couple more pix of the 70?

Here's a shot of this same exhibitors set up and one of mine.

This weekend I am off to Fredericksburg, IA where IH and related equipment are the feature

326337.jpg

326338.jpg

Recoil start 70.

326351.jpg

326352.jpg

326353.jpg

At AJ’s Jamboree, I put a 6-pack of MGD in the battery box. No one would have noticed the recoil start otherwise.

Hydro filter CC129
I have searched the FAQ but I could not find the answer. Is there a general idea of how often the hydro filter should be changed.
earl l

Considering many 129s are running around on the factory filter and probably factory hytran, I'd say 100 hours ( I think that's the spec in the manual) is plenty good....

Paul
Thanks for sharing the pics. Did you find the tractor with the rewind starter intact or did you have to scrounge for the parts?

Craig C
I bought the 70 pretty much as you see it. I added a rear PTO so I could mount the Hub City reverser that had been on a shelf for many years. Future plans include fabricating a sleeve hitch to clear the reverser.

Thanks for the comments regarding changing the hydro filter. A 100 hour was mentioned, are you saying filter and fluid. I have about 500 hours on fluid. It is a little darker in color but not much.
Earl L

We change the hydro fluid in dads 127 in 1990 and then I did it again in roughly 2014. Fluid looked new both times with no gunk in the bottom of the read end. So I would say once every 20 yearsish, or every hydro pump gasket change, which ever comes first.
err.gif
Honestly it depends a lot on how it was used and if it's been stored outside or inside. If I buy a hydro machine I change it right away, but past that I don't think I've ever changed it a second time in any of them, and some of them have been here a dozen years. My 129 sprung a hydro pump gasket leak last weekend so that will sneak in under the 20 year window.

From 149 operators manual

Trans Filter first 10 hours, first 50 hours, every 100 hours after.

Trans oil, check periodically, keep full to filler plug.......NEVER mentions a change interval....

Justin, from the archives:

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

By Paul Bell (Pbell) on Wednesday, April 20, 2011 - 03:58 pm:

Kendal H
You can make a top shaft for a PTO in a Cub Cadet from the shaft for a Farmall Cub by shortening the shaft and then machine the front of it to match the front of the 100 (or any gear drive model)top shaft. The Cub shaft is about 4'-5' or so long, it is one piece from the tractor clutch thru the torque tube and the top of the transmission. In the picture, the transmissions with the long shaft are for a Cub, the others for an Original

326366.jpg
<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

about 1/2 and 1/2 Farmall vs LoBoy Cubs on the line.....(gear shift levers)

Back