• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 30, 2019

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digger

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
IHCC Sponsor
IHCC Supporter
displayname
Digger
a---allalone.gif

Mike P.

OR, your governor is either unhooked, out of adjustment, or broken. All are deadly to a Mag twin if not promptly corrected.

I agree with Steve, I'd look in the manual and check how to adjust the governor arm.

Thanks for video Digger. I don’t have a manual for the Mag 20. And I’m pretty sure the carb on it isn’t original because I thought they didn’t have adjustable ones on them? My Mag 18 doesn’t have an adjustable one

Mike P,

I agree with Steve B. and Jim S. From your problem description, it sounds more like a governor or governor linkage problem rather than a carb problem. First thing I would do is inspect the linkages between the governor and carb throttle connection to make sure everything moves freely and nothing is deformed. Check to make sure the governor spring is in the correct hole on the governor arm. Then I would perform the governor adjustment instructions noted in the Service manual and see if that fixes the problem.

How far do you tighten down Charlie's new and improved isomounts? I thought i read about it before but can't find it now. Oh and thanks for the parts Charlie.
bouncy.gif

Ok guys, not trying to be thick, but where are you finding a copy of manuals for service? When I open up section on this web site for engine manuals - my screen is blank? So where are you finding them in the web so I can reference the settings for governor linkage?

In the manuals section look under engine fuel and electrical for the Mag 18 manual.

Mike,

In case you haven't already,
If you click on item #6 in the FAQ's, it will redirect you to some manuals. These may take a while to download though.

Under "Charlie's FAQ's" line 22 gives directions to adjust the governor, and line 93 gives info on the carb adjustment.
thumbsup.gif

Thurman, the deep oil pan on a (Cub Cadet spec.) K301 should drop down behind the axle on a 100 with no issues.

Thurman,

Yes, I have a 100 that had a 301 in it.

Kraig,

I guess the moderator trumps other posts when they are posted at the same time.
lol.gif

Marty, I think I need glasses - I’ve never seen that selection at the top with info from Charlie!!! What a big help! Thank you

Marty, I'd say someone that actually has a 100 trumps a moderator that doesn't, when answering a question on a 100.
happy.gif

Edit: Oh, and I agree!

worthless.gif

Charlie, is that a new discovery? I don't know that I have seen that photo before.

Back