• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 28, 2017

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quin, I have the same problem w/my 1650.
Going to pull the engine and open it up to see what the issue is.
My rod is free to move in and out but acts like the cam is flat. points will only just start to open just a hair and that's all. New rod does the same thing, has no action at all.
Yes, you should be able to remove the rod w/your fingers, that is unless it is mushroomed on the inner end. it's only aluminum.

Maybe I should check the points rod today before I drop the motor back into Iron Patriot,all this point rod talk has made me paranoid

Just so you all will know, the new rods you buy today are steel composite.
thumbsup.gif

Attachments

• thumbsup.gif
    thumbsup.gif
    150 bytes · Views: 147
Before I got new points the tractor ran before so I don't know if I'm gonna need to tear the engine apart but the rod is not moving so I can't adjust it

Mike S. Nice 70! Congratulations.
314361.gif

Paul B. Do you have an extra 7hp head? A PO actually drilled the spark plug hole out and inserted a bigger spark plug bottom into the new threaded hole and then put back the correct spark plug into the oversized spark plug's newly threaded hole on my Original.

Attachments

• 314361.gif
    314361.gif
    2.4 KB · Views: 146
  • 314361.gif
    314361.gif
    2.4 KB · Views: 147
Quinn G.
There is a possibility that the new points arm is bent or otherwise screwed!
Put the old points in and try it!
Did you buy OEM Kohler points???

I had bought some cheapies before and only wasted my $ on them. Plenty of times genuine oem is the only thing that works. I've learned that on many vehicles. Kohler points are only way to go for me.

Yes they were Kohler parts I took the rod to place and they said it looks good

I'm rained out in more projects than one! Need to mow, but I don't like doing it in the wet. I took the time to clean the 44a deck on the 1200 this year. I want to keep as much grass from sticking as I can.

PTO Handle Assem:
Has anyone taken apart the front PTO handle assembly. The button on mine is down so it is difficult to release. I assume that after I remove the grip (which could be interesting) just remove the retaining clip and it should slide off. Any comments greatly appreciated.
Earl L

Earl L.
It would help just a tad if you would tell everyone which tractor your working on.
There's differences in many on how you go about fixing them.
thumbsup.gif

Attachments

• thumbsup.gif
    thumbsup.gif
    150 bytes · Views: 135
Earl L. I see you list a 129 in your profile. Is this what you are working on? Or do you have another model that needs help?

What is the gauge of wire used from the points to the coil? I made one with 14 ga but the more I look at it I'm thinking maybe 12 ga. I've checked wiring charts, etc. and found no wire sizes. I'm sure I'm missing something somewhere.

TIA!

14ga I'm pretty sure.....14 will easily carry the required amperage.......

Marlin H.

I have another 7HP head, but I will have to check it over to see if it is a useable one.

Paul B. Thank You for checking.
happy.gif

I think Earl L. is referring to his 129 that is listed in his profile.
ihrotate.gif

Attachments

• happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 149
  • ihrotate.gif
    ihrotate.gif
    1.7 KB · Views: 135
Back