• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 26, 2018

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Marty G.
320283.jpg

Gerrie S., have you noticed if the PTO springs are in place? A quick check is to engage the PTO while at an idle and see if the noise goes away.

Patrick, I think you found the problem then as loose screws will cause the gasket to leak. Get a gasket kit for it and add or remove gaskets til you get between .003 to .020 crankshaft end play. It is also a good idea to change the seal while you have it apart. BTDT
beerchug.gif

Hi Mike, don't know if the pto spring are there or not. Don't even know how to engage the pto. Don't have any attachments on the 100.Just had a look at the front pto and there is no springs that I can see.

Thanks Mike, my pto in front don't have anything in it. Must been modified on one stage. It only have the basket and a solid pulley that runs direct from the crank. The engage lever has been removed ass well. Thanks for the redirection to the pto discussion. Watch a you tube video regarding the pto and that did give me the understanding of how the setup works.

Gerrie you can find manuals either by ordering from binder books up top or on the first page of here with all the topics, scroll down and you should see the manual section, and download what you need

Back