• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 25, 2015

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Allright, I got my 147 started today. Big deal you say! Well it sat under a tarp all winter and it was lonely...Friday I put gas in it, opened the valve hopped on the seat and cranked it over. Didn't start or even pop. Hummm , got spark-got gas? Yup, got gas, flowing out of the carb. Pulled the carb off and cleaned and reinstalled yesterday. Tried to restart, nothing! Dead battery, forgot to turn key to off and points were closed. Got lucky and didn't fry the coil (like last time!) Charged the battery last night and it started on the third turn with just a slight wisp of smoke. Tommorow will try to run shredder/chipped so I can get rid of a big pile of brush.
Now back to our regular conversations...
a---allalone.gif

Proud new owner of a IH Cub Cadet 147. I took off the mower deck and changed the mower belt, put every thing back together but can't get the PTO belt back on. What's the trick? I loosened the mule pulley but still cant get it back on. No matter what I try it seems to short. Any diagrams available?

Richard F.
Are you positively sure you put the right length belt back on didn't ya.
thumbsup.gif

You didn't mention what deck you had.

If you did, unhook the rear mounts on the deck, slide it forward, install the belt loosely, and reattach the deck.

Or,
install the belt at the PTO, down through the mule drive pulleys, back to the deck pulley and start it on the pulley and turn the blades and roll the belt on.

My Cub seat time today

Started with the 122 with the tiller. Had chicken poop and straw to till in. Busted the SG belt. I don't think I ever seen one that bad. Surprised it even started.
Hauled the 107 from Ma and Dad’s place. Since Billy is back home for a while (week?, month?, year?) he said I could use it to mow. I may not take the snow thrower off the MTD Cub? Looking forward to using the 107. The 107 has not been my main mower for 4-5 years, gave it to Billy. Dad bought it new, gave it to me mid 90’s so it’s on its third generation.

I thought I was an empty nester but ………….

Moved the 125 out to the back shed at Dads still with the snow blade on. I hope we do not need that any more this year. But I will not make bets. We had snow two nights this past week.

Tim D. here is one of the pages Dennis F was talking about.
https://www.ihcubcadet.com/forum/messages/106/261485.html

I’m thinking about doing this (I think I will try Sea Foam) to the 122. The 125 needs more. Looks like the head gasket is leaking. And I have no idea what the inside looks like.

I’m ashamed to say. But for the past two years, I keep giving them more promises then work.

Good morning, All. Yesterday afternoon, I finally took the time and fired up the 14 horse that I installed into the 108 frame. I discovered that the pto from the 147 that I took the engine from won't work in the 108. Eventually I'll have to get the correct pto/brake parts, etc. For now it's going to be a general usage Cub Cadet. That is unless someone has any idea on how I can use the narrow frame pto clutch. Hopefully throughout the summer, I can make it into one nice litle Plowing tractor.

BTW... What gauge steel is a Cub Cadet frame? TIA!!!

This afternoon, Ian is bringing back the 125 so we can remove the snowthrower and I can mount the mower deck. I need to start taking some pictures. I'd put the deck onto the 782D only it still needs to do garden plow duties. That may happen tonight.

Bruce N. Nice plow setup.
happy.gif

Marlin IIRC I changed the thrush button on the nf pto to accept the brake disc on the 108 and it worked great.

Marlin,

Back when I got my 149 the whole PTO setup was worn out, missing parts, etc. Rebuilding it with the brake setup seemed a waste of $$. I converted the setup to a WF no brake (type B), just a lever arm and button. I did have to buy a WF thrust button for 400,000-481,999 serial# tractor. I use only bronze wear buttons I make from 3/4" round stock. I think I had to weld up the hole in the leveler and re-drill to get the wear button centered on the PTO. This should work for a NF PTO

Images by R. Bedell

296174.jpg

296175.jpg

Jim

making progress on the 42 inch deck but have a quick question. the deck belt idler shoulder bolt off my 38 inch, '73 vintage, which is being transplanted to the 42 and the broken one from the 42, are 7/16 thd. the new ones are 3/8 and just wondering when it changed. the 42 is part 2 '68-'71 according to what i can find on the cc parts lookup as it has the round runners rather than the wider flat style. just wondering...

Okay guys, my 71 is killing me. I am 100% sure the wiring harness is hooked up right, and I put the voltage regulator back to spec. New ignition switch and new solenoid. Good battery. Nothing happens. What connections should I check to diagnose what with my voltmeter?

Latest posts

Back