• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 25, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wcompton

displayname
Wyatt Compton
Lonny-
Build a backhoe too
buttrock.gif

Lonny,
Just curious about your weight.
You should grab a bathroom type scale. Pull the pins on you lifting hydraulic cylinders. Put the scale under the front of your bucket. What is the scale reading?
Put the pins back in the cylinders. Jack up the back end and slide the scale under the center of the axle. Put a 2x6 on the scale so the wheels can rest on the 2x6 scale. What is the scale reading?
Measure the distance from the center of the front tire to the middle of the bucket with the bucket on the ground. The measure the distance from the center of the front tire to the center of the back tire. These 2 measurements will give you your weight ratio.
For example if your bucket to front tire measurement is 15 inches and your front tire to back tire is 30 inches then your ratio is 2:1. If you put 100 lbs in your bucket you need 50 lbs over your rear wheels.
Now lets say both measurements are the same then its a 1:1 ratio. 100 lbs in the bucket requires 100 lbs over the wheels.
So I would like 4 things,
-Uncoupled bucket weight
-Rear end weight
-Front tire to center bucket measurement
-Back tire to front tire center measurement

Remember a loader is nothing more that a fancy teeter-toter.
thumbsup_old.gif

That could be either an 86, 108, 128.

But given that's it's a 10HP, it's probably a 108.

But then again, it could be an upgraded 86 or a downgraded 128
happy.gif

(Message edited by rmunday on April 25, 2005)

Thanks Richard for the pic on the lift

Dennis S. -

Did you, by any chance, read the FAQ like it asks you to at the top of the page? Note the similarity of the number you mention and the casting code mentioned in one of the FAQ questions (shhh - here's a hint - #10)...

I bought my first cc(a 1250) at the plowday up at Travis's place. I have started to service it from one end to the other, thats when my problems started. What is the easiest way to get the drive shaft out so I can replace the cooling fan? Does anyone make metal fans or are they all plastic? Thanks in advance for the help.

Jeff "H",
Go in the with a good sized screw drive and give it a couple of light whacks (don't beat the s--t out of it though) between the friction disc and pressure plate. Lot of times the two will rust together.

Hey Bryan,
When did you put a FAQ page on the web site? Cool idea!
pcwhack.gif

Lonny,

How big of a bucket do you have on there????? You have as much EXTRA weight on the back as the whole tractor weighted in it's shipping carton.

Remembering it's a GT and not a Cat track loader, have you ever considered just taking smaller "bites" of the heavy stuff and bigger "bites" of stuff like snow and wood chips????

Rick,
I'm planning on going to The Sandwich, Freeport, Sycamore, maybe Pontiac, Lake County, and whatevr else I can fit in. I'm hearing a "For Fun" L&G trator pull at Lake County this year! :cool:

Steve >
My bucket is not all that big, but I have been digging in sand. Here is photo of the bucket I am useing.
27592.jpg

27593.jpg

Not a realy big bucket, holds approx 3 fige gallon buckets of sand.

Jim C:

Here is a Pic's of the area of your inquiry. The Tunnel Cover has to be removed to see this. There are rubber Flex Couplers on each end of the Drive Shaft that have to be removed. Then the Spirol Pin in the coupler arm will have to be removed so the coupler arm can be moved back or forward. The drive shaft then will come out. The cooling fans are all plastic. Make note of the original fan location in that it is important to have the proper position of the replacement fan (or 1-1/8" forward of the rear Flex Coupler)

27609.jpg

Roland B. -

In other words, obtaining then reading the FM would be most beneficial...
lol.gif

<font size="-2">...and now I'll once again be labelled as a heartless SOB for damaging someone's self-esteem by even SUGGESTING that someone actually READ something...</font>

The Travis Schweizer patented "44 inch splitting stand"......available at a GT parting yard near you!!!!!!

anyone know where i can get the water pump style deck bearings for the newer 42" 44" and 50", i cant even get them from cub cadet with out orderign the whole spindle assy, i looked at stens, and theres are no longer available.
Thanks, jeff

And the saga continues, Saturday and Sunday I spent a total of about 6 hours swapping components from the dead K161 into the "new" K161.
Getting the front pulley off was a trip, the manual is a bit vauge. Sure hope I remember how to put it back together. Kevin, it might be nice to put a little grease on the front shaft so you don't paint the pulley to the shaft, I ruined the one you sent me getting it off, had to use a bunch of PB blaster and some time with an emery cloth.
Everything seemed to go back together okay except the shroud metal seems too tight, it scrapes just a bit, figure that'll get ground down quick or I'll go crazy and get it with a file, Once its ground a bit the spot will be easy to find...
Didn't get to fire it yet because I haven't gotten a battery, hoping to get it going this saturday.

Back