• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 25, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi all.. New here enjoying the reading.

I have a Cub Cadet 149 that has worked great for years. Now having some problems with it.

Trying to get used to the forum so I may ask some questions of yall.

tom

poof.gif

Will they EVER learn?

You're right John, someone DID post that here, where it doesn't belong. We have a classifieds section for all that. And your post belongs there, too.

Tom E,

Welcome to the board Tom! I suggest you take some time to read through the FAQ section of the site, a lot of questions are answered there. Also check out the sponsors and the items they carry. Then, if you have any questions or comments, we'll do our best to answer them for you.

Chuck

Here's a few action shots of my loader in action befor the rear weight modifactions. That is one of my younger brothers running the loader last weekend.
27653.jpg

27654.jpg

27655.jpg

27656.jpg

27657.jpg

27658.jpg

27659.jpg

heres is where I moved a total of 280lbs to, took 100lbs from the wheels and added them to the rear weight bracket. you can see the outside wheel weight, it is 60lbs there is a matching one on the inside of the rim.
27660.jpg

27661.jpg

27662.jpg

Is the serial number for a Kohler engine printed anywhere else on the engine, other than the sticker? I have an engine that the sticker is unreadable, and would like to restore the engine to look new, and be correct.

Lonny,
Nice looking loader, now you need paint.
I was wondering if you added a front strut or not. At first I did not have a strut but the upright started to tear itself off of the tractor mounts. Its tough to see from here. I put it in this picture so you would know what I am talking about.
27667.jpg

Terry,
Look just below the blueish line you drawed, you can see it , it is yellow and is below the starter. It blends right in with all the other colors.

Rick,
Yep that would be the brace or front strut.
It is actually from a mower deck sub frame I had laying around that was all bent out of shape. The side rails worked out to a good fit.
Yes I know thw tires are on backwards but I figured I'd need more traction comming away from the pile than going into it.

(Message edited by lbuttke on April 27, 2005)

Roland,

Thanks for the pic. I have the GSS-1464, an original copy, the GSS-1465w/ Rev 1 and the 1 084 322 R1 which is not correct for my CC since my CC is a 428 series. I will be getting the TC-157 and the correct operators manual shortly. (My son works for Binder Books.) It appears from your pic I am missing the actuator, #14.

Thanks again for the pic.

Lyle

I want to be like Richard "C" and Mike "M" when I grow up. You guys amazzzzzze me!!!

I started disecting filters today. I have a few more yet to go (including the fleetgaurd), but I can already see a big difference!! If anyone wants a particular brand cut open, shoot me an email.

BTW, the correct part number for the WIX is 51410. The number that was posted previously is an automotive filter with a bypass.

27678.jpg

Travis, "I'll part anything", are you going to be selling the parts off of those filters? :eek:p

Back