• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 24, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dtanner

displayname
Donald Tanner
vroom.gif
sorry.gif
old.gif

Hi everyone !! Ran across this site while looking for a way to find out how old the Cub is that I bought yesterday. According to the Kohler serial number, it's a 1977.

224523.jpg

I was messing with one of my 149's today and noticed one of them has under hydraulic lift part number 22 and one dosn't.

The one that dosn't have it works fine.

any idea why one has it and one dosn't???

224527.gif

David L. Schmude

groupwave.gif
welcome to the best Site for IH Cub cadet info.

Like the petal tractor !

David S you may want to recheck that serial number, I believe the 128--1x8,9 series ended production in 1974 so your tractor is probaly older than you think.

So does anybody know how to use this new Parts Look Up that MTD is now using? I searched for a model 100 and got 51 pages containing over 1,200 results.

Needless to say, I'm NOT searching through 51 pages just to find a parts list for a 100!
thumbdown.gif

Nevermind.. I guess I figured it out. My one brain cell must be working at "super warp" capacity today.

Use this link: Parts Search By Model

Then use the drop down menus to find your tractor. Charlie...Any chance of saving this link somewhere for us when your done listening to all of the wood-boards in your shop?

clown.gif

Home of the Plow Special

Art , did you get stuck with a survey ? Dang and they don`t sell my part on line. I did like the parts by number tractor. Hope you had a great holiday.

Can anyone help me figure this out. I have a 682 and I am looking to get a rear mounted tiller. Is there any additional mounting hardware that i will need to make this work. The tiller I am looking at is a #1.

I have a 1970-ish Cub Cadet Model 1100 (2050590U) with an 11hp Briggs & Stratton horizontal shaft engine (Model 253400 Type 1135) and am looking for a short block to repair it. Can anyone direct me to a supplier? I've scoured the enternet and left msgs everywhere but so far no luck.

The alternative is a complete re-engine; has anyone done this on a 1100?

Thanks in advance
Bob Klein
Charlestown, RI 02813

Have a 127 with electric lift. Is there a way to lower mower deck to specific position after raising it or is it just a guess? My 782 has mechanical stop, but I can't find anything on 127.

Dan, there should be a lift stop just forward of the slot in the frame where the electric lift attaches to the lift rockshaft.

224533.jpg

It's listed in the photo below of the manual lift lever (item #4) and is visible in the photo above of the electric lift.

224534.jpg

On my 129 I have cleaned both of the hydo release valves, the tractor moves good with engine running. Within moments after shutting the engine off, the tractor will free wheel easily as if you have the release valves depressed. Any thoughts on the possible problems?

Sounds like you definitely have hytrans fluid leaking past your unloader valve. Did youreplace the o-ring(s) and backer ring when you re-installed the unloader?
224543.jpg

Barry, the tractor operates properly with the engine running? did the valves have the pins on top? There are automatic release valves.

Charlie "Digger" Proctor (Cproctor) Thanks Charlie. I had no idea it was that heavy. I will need to beef up my little bridge before I attempt to drive the Cub over it.

Don

Anyone have any good ideas on how to rehook a trip spring on my cub plow blade? Boy are they stout! Sad day in Cub land, I sold my Original pretty much because I needed the room...........that sucks. Thanks in advance, Nick
beerchug.gif

Nick H.
Hook the springs in the top holes. Grab a long skinny pry bat or phillips screw driver, slide it through the bottom spring hole. Slip the tip under the pin on the blade. Push down and in and the spring will slide down the bar/screw driver onto the mounting pin.
It might take a couple times to get the hang of the first one. But once you do it, you'll say, Man that was easy!
224548.jpg

Back