• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 23, 2015

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nope 8hp came out in 1x9 series in a 86, and then the following series in the 800

Jeff B - Hey Budd, I agree the 86 was the 1st 8hp Cub Cadet but what I was asking was when Kohler introduced it. I had heard the 7hp was discontinued when the 8hp came along since it was really similar but are you saying Kohler stopped the 7hp introduced the 8hp at the same time IH introduced the 86? I would suspect some time difference - and IH would have likely tested the engine before agreeing to put it in the 86. Hey, here's a couple for you tonite -
fence.gif
oops, I mean
Shotgun.gif
dang it, must have had to many -
beer2.gif

good evening all. I am new to the site but have had a 1650 for years. first tractor I ever ran and love it, however those darn iso mounts have been bad for years and mice have wreaked havoc on the stator wires. sooo I have been in my spare time (1&3yr old girls to tend to) been doing some homework on repairs. one thing I know hasn't been touched is the breather filter and I know I have seen postings on guys using something in place of oem replacement element. can anyone recommend any options? thanks for any advice

Harry I'll put that on my list

296145.jpg

After all my IH Cub Cadet seat time

Jeff B - now just what else do you have on that list? All I was asking was when Kohler introduced the 8hp and eventually stopped the 7hp. I suspect it was after the intro of the 86 but when?

Tim D - welcome to the Forum. 1650 is a great tractor. I don't know why mice are attracted to Kohlers but they can do some damage. Not really terrible if you have to replace the stator to insure good wiring, since it sounds as tho you have to replace your ISO-mounts that that means pulling the engine anyway. If you do need a replacement stator I would think there should be good used ones available. Also, I strongly recommend you perform the cradle modification (weld in a cross piece connecting the 2 ISO-bars as described in the FAQ) at the same time you do the ISO-mounts. It helps even out the twisting pressures on the ISO-mounts effectively reducing vibrations.

Now, on the breather element, I can't say I've seen or heard anything about making a change to that. I happen to think the breather set up works pretty good using Kohler OEM components. Never really heard of anyone having an issue other than when they over-torque the nut holding the cover on. Once that is distorted it's very hard to get a good seal again. I don't know what the torque should be - and can only say it should be snug.

Harry B. Angel just bought a new Mr. Coffee maker. It takes two cups for me to get fired up.
296149.gif
296150.gif

Tim D. You'll love that 1650 once you get those nuances fixed.

Josh S. I know that you're like me and would never step into another fellow Cubber's territory without permission.
happy.gif

Jim P. Get the Cub/loader for your wife and tell her it's an early Mother's Day present.

Working only six hours today. Then hopefully I can get a moweer on. The grass is getting tall. Everyone have a wonderful weekend and BE SAFE.

Good morning guys! My 1450 is just about as tuned up as I'm capable of doing. However, I noticed that my reverse speed is rather slow.......

I installed a back up light, and have yet to run my wire. Holding up the show is myself trying to get over the fact that the best location for a switch is through a hole in the dash, maybe to the left of the pto switch? I'm really a stickler when it comes to drilling any holes in my IH Cub Cadet.

Also, I have been thinking of how nice it were to be if I could somehow light my charge indicator and hour meter.

I also have plans to order a new gas cap for the large filler hole on my 1450 from Charlie. Maybe he has the sticker that goes on the let side of the tractor, as if you were seated, just above the back of the foot rest. I think this is a safety compliance sticker that is triangle? Just bugs me not being there, lol! Might have to smooth talk the wife for that nice aluminum sticker for the early steering wheel as well in the up-coming order!

That's about all on the burner here. The 1450 starts at the snap of one's fingers! I just cant say how nice those new Cub Cadet replacement ISO mounts are. Money well spent!

Hopefully this cold snap moves out starting tomorrow! Gee-wiz, we had snow on the ground April 22- 24th !

John L.

A switch in the pedestal beside the key switch would be less noticeable and wouldn't put a hole in the dash that you would have there forever...just a thought.

good morning, I was wondering if any of you folks ever remove the head and clean the combustion chamber on your kohlers? I have an old k series service manual and it recommends `this be done every 500 hours. thanks and just want to say I really enjoy this site!!

It doesn't hurt to de-carbon, but most of us just run a little Marvel Mystery Oil mixed in the gas and head carbon issues really aren't too big of an issue.

There are a few other tricks for misting water into the carb while running to clean carbon, but I'll leave that explanation to those who use that method.

Back