• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 22, 2015

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Charlie - did you happen to mix up your details about the difference between the shafts used on the tiller and thrower R-angle gearboxes??? I never measured them but the pulley on the output shaft sits really close to the side of the box making me think its got a shorter shaft than the thrower version.

Also I've heard of a 3:2 ratio but I think they really mean the same as you're calling 1 1/2 : 1.

I'd like to know if anyone has used a 2:1 thrower box on a tiller. It would run the tiller a little faster but should work if you can hold the tractor back.

Jeff - what's so "bad" about that K341 in the 169? Has it got a window to see a blown opportunity? If I was you I'd grab it anyway. You never know when something may come along to make it work and you already know there were only 4005 to begin with. Maybe a QL K341AQS will show up and you could convert it back to 169 style using the one in it now. AND you'd be keeping another one from disappearing into that great IH Yard in the sky. And besides, you really should have a spare 169 anyway.

Tiller gear box:

296108.jpg

Snow Thrower gear box:

296109.jpg

I'll look up the shaft part numbers later. Can any one help with the lower pulley size. OD and the length of the hub if possible. I'm going to try the thrower box and hope the tiller doesn't destroy it.

My herd is maxed out right now and I have nothing he wants in trade for that 169.

Jeff - com'on now. 1 more don't need that much grass

Matt M - I don't have a tiller but I'm trying to find out the lower pulley OD and length of hub. What's your plan for the pulley on the output shaft?

If you do a little mixin' n match in' maybe you could arrive at about the same output rpm operating range. But you probably run into belt length issue

Can anyone give me any info on this tractor? Serial #69884 which makes born Nov. 1963. I was told it was 1 of 9 made and all sent to California. Deck is painted red,yellow and black. mule drive is painted black. motor is a Kohler 8hp painted white. I can see on mule drive where there is yellow paint under black and tape lines on dash. Or is it just a model 70 that someone painted like this? Thanks for any info Al. I can't load pics but I can email or text to whoever can help. THANKS

Al,,just a cub that someone painted, theres no 1 of 9 cub cadets in that serial #

Harry

296117.jpg

Now send one of your
296118.png

and I will

Al, the only "odd" paint job you will come across on a cub that is original is the spirit of 1976 model, which is stars and stripes

Back