• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 21, 2018

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lhinds

displayname
Luther Ray Hinds
Pat you probably have a head gasket blown. A new gasket and remove the carbon buildup and check the head to see if it is warped and you should be good to go.

Patrick,

Also check your breather cover, breather filter, and "weep hole" inside the breather to make sure none of these are stopped up.
This is not on the very top of the motor, but if it is leaking, it could appear to be leaking near the top.

Ethan,

I am just getting over a bad cold and I have been using prescription Flonase a lot.
It seems to be working real good, so far.
The migraines have subsided also.
I noticed when I do more of my therapy exercise, I have less migraines.
thumbsup.gif

Can I swap my 48inch triangle deck from my 125 onto my 149?The 44a deck that came with my 149 has great spindles but the deck itself is a basket case and I’d like to cut with my 149 till I can find a 44a that’s in better shape

Ethan, the 48" decks were used on the early 1x8/9 series. I'm posting from my phone so don't have access to my archives but I believe you may need a different sub-frame to mount it.

Kraig I have the sub frame for both my 125(I cut with that now) and for my 149 with the 44a.I was looking over my 44a deck again it may not be as bad as I thought...don’t get me wrong it’s rough but serviceable,one of the POs used bondo to “fix” some rot on the deck body that hack repair may actually sealed up the rot areas so they didn’t get worse.Ill replicate the bondo hack and get some new pulleys for the deck and use ituntil I can find a better 44a.What size are the pulleys on a 44a deck???

More seat time!
Went over the garden spot with the disc, then the cultivator.
Laid off the rows, and planted four rows of corn.
Shift.gif

It is supposed to rain from late tomorrow until Thursday, so I had to get on with it.

Ethan, the 48" deck would require the wide frame sub-frame specific for it. The one from the 44" deck, I believe will not work with the 48" deck. And the narrow frame sub-frame you use with the 48" deck on your 125 will not work on the 149.

Kraig,that’s what I was thinking but I thought I’d ask anyways.ill see about getting my 44a serviceable for now

When I remove the (oil fill) dipstick it blows air out. Does that mean I have to much pressure in the crank case? Or should there be a little bit there normally?

Mike that sounds good I’ll get in touch with you this week via email but I should be free next weekend

Okay. Looks like it was the head gasket. I have one ordered, should be here next week Thanks for the help guys. I'll let you know how it goes

Hello:

Need a rebuild on my Starter Generator for my 123. I recall a place in New Jersey I used a while back for my Original. Anyone know of a rebuilder? Also, have a spare from my Original, will that work on the 123?

Thanks

Mark S., the starter generator from the Original likely has a different size pulley than the S/G on your 123 and may not work all that well but it's worth a try. Keep in mind that it's designed to spin a 7hp.

Ethan, I was thinking about this and I think you might be able to use your 48" deck on your 149 if you swap the mule drive section from the 44" deck sub-frame onto the deck hanger portion of the sub-frame for the 48" deck. Basically making the 48" deck sub-frame a wide frame deck sub-frame. Make sense?
dizzy.gif

Hello - need help with my 1650 hydro leak which has been like this for a while. Today I took off inspection cover and fluid is coming out of the top right side check valve tiny hole, and I ,mean a lot Do I need a new valve or cleaning ? any help would be appreciated.

George-pull the offending pressure relief valve and sent it off to machtechdirect.com for a rebuild

Kraig:

Thanks, yeah, I was thinking about the HP thing. Does anyone know a Starter Generator rebuilder in the Northeast?

Mark

Mark, I've used my local electric motor rebuilder. They do starters, alternators and any other electric motor they can get parts for. Do a search in your area and call around. Last time I had one done was several years ago and cost about$190 I think. But that's in northern Illinois. We have a lot of farm tractor guys around so that helps keep them able to do the small ones.

Latest posts

Back