• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 21, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ken,
I have not tried being apart form her. Maybe I need to get back to basics and fire up the old 55 and give Spot a rest...... Just getting tired of having to spend money.....

Have fun at the WFM plow day. I wish I could be there but I have to work my 3rd of 4 saturdays in a row. The 1650 sits in the shed ready to go but no one to take her. At least I have a couple gardens lined up to plow to get some needed seat time in. I should be able to get home early enough tomorrow to get the lawn mowed before the rain comes. I had hoped to get the 50" deck stripped down and painted before mowing season but too many projects and not enough time. Maybe I will get the 149 going and use it to mow with while I take the 50" deck down and paint it with the 1650 and snowthrower this summer. It just does not look right under the repainted 129.

Ray Leo
I checked the can of TDL today and it says it is safe to use on Plastic.
If I remember right we used graphite on my sons pinewood car. Got first place so it must have worked good. Of course that was about 30 years ago so they must have better stuff now.

Well, it's 1:30. Steve B, Chris E and I are headed to bed (not together). Gotta get a few hours sleep for tomorrow.

Good morning! I found a picture of someones 317 Deere stuck in the mud with a couple of cubs in the background. It was in cornfield also. Is there a good story to go along with this scene???
Inquiring minds want to know. Does make for good screensaver/wallpaper.
Have been stuck a few times with a tiller on and was fun to laugh about later.

Well since Spot is yancking my chain, I decided to work on Stinky. CLeaned up the carb again, dumped some SeaFoam in the tank for good measure. Also installed my Point Saver that I picked up back in January. (Sorry for the delay) Man I miss that little thing about timeing to the "S" and timed to the "T"
crazy.gif
But I figured out the error of my ways.
happy.gif

18043.jpg

18044.jpg

18045.jpg

Spot - Stinky -- maybe if you gave them better names they wouldn't P--s in your Cheereos !

Jerry - Personally I still like the pic of Dan's 4x4 STUCK in the snow and him bent over with a shovel !!
roflol.gif

Good time at the WFM plow day today!!! Hopefully someone took more pics this time
lol.gif

18053.jpg

A PSA message

I got the fire extinguisher out of the garage where it has hung for 7 years in case I needed it with my blast furnace ( believe it or not I don't like fires ) I looked it over to see if it was still charged (it was) and I found that a dirt dobber (spl?) had plugged the nozzle ... you need to check your equipment !
18055.jpg

You'd think a fireman or is that a fireperson would tell ppl to check their equipment ...
shame.gif
biggrin.gif

See that little blue knob ... turn it and the fire goes out , except for all the fuel that's leaking on the ground ! but it burnt away.

Wish I would have made it to the WFM event, spent today tilling gardens in Rossville and Waukon, relatives in NE Iowa.

Sprung a leak on the rear cover of the 169, oil ALL over the trailer. Must have popped a bolt loose when hit a tree root this morning. It's amazing how much of a jolt that tiller will give even with the gearbox-tiller belt running pretty loose.

OH, and I got a harsh reminder of why I'm supposed to put the belt guard back on, sliced into my arm pretty good. Doesn't look too bad considering how much it made be bleed!

JUST A SUPER DAY!!!!
Kraig doin what Kraig does! Thanks Kraig.
18057.jpg

Pretty good turnout.
18058.jpg

18059.jpg

Travis is still smokin,
18060.jpg

Denny T. Too,
18061.jpg

And then Ryan M, rolls by! LOL
18062.jpg

Looks like Ryan decided to keep the green tractor for himself, he was eyein it a awful lot when he picked it up. When he was here pickin it up my dad asked him what he thought of it, I think his reply went something like "Pretty nice for being green"
happy.gif

Thanks to everybody at WFM today and the organizers,another fun day. It was a tad windy but nice seeing everyone(again). Between last night and today we had 13 hours in the truck,it's nice to be home.
On another note,I ain't sure what the hell happened to my "deal" on the Brinly backblade but there is some shady **** going on that I'm glad I wasn't a part of. At least when I sell stuff it's straight up deal,you know what you're getting and when you're getting it. It's pretty sad to see any throat cutting,I guess it isn't my style.

Hope you all had a great plow day. While I was stuck at home preparing for the Junior/Senior prom, it came to me that with all the computer whizzes on this forum, someone should set up a "plow-cam" so the rest of us (those who can't attend) can watch the proceedings!

Don't you think this is a good idea? I know I sit here waiting for pics to be posted, but wouldn't it be great to log on and watch? People do this for all kinds of other things -- I think us plow people should have the same opportunity.

cjm

Hope that everyone had a great time today. We had our garage sale today. Made some great tool money.

Charles-Ryan and I did try the web cam idea for pd III but the connection speed for a cell phone was sooooo poor it just would not work. Maybe one day, around Plow Day 13?

Jonathan

Ken Long time no here. I am getting ready to build two furnaces. The main project is to build a cupola to recast wheel and brief case weights. I almost have everything together except the refractory. I am lucky and found a dealer in town. I have also already found my coke supply.

I'm a bit shy in posting but I'm frustrated! First off tks to Dave K for the info re Hyrdro release lever & to Kraig for the pic of the tab I did manage to fab something & its works fine I think.So far my 109 has amazed me just when i thought it was running good I set the points to .20 and wow these things are powerful, next i took apart the bed(was rusted solid)sharpend the blades and viola I'm cutting grass & burning gas then 2 days ago turn key & nutin. remove new battery & recharged, looked at reg looks very clean inside cleaned up terminals & more grounds re instal bat runs great. But sat for a few days went to start to nite & gas poors out the carb, I have searched for kit num with no succes my carb has a num on it A237772 pls help me? I have been all over my area with a pic of my 109 to small eng repair places & they all say They've never seen a cub letta lone worked on one Ha Ha. I've been looking for attatchments, muffler as my tail pipe blew off, & just another cub buddy with no luck.sometimes it s--ks living on an Island. I will be getting my manual hpefuly in a week or so and I will be supporting our venders.BTW which vender is say north of Seattle or is there one in B.C. Canada. I just love this cub & want it as my daily driver. TIA Don

Back