• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 21, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Denny, :eek:)
18005.jpg

18006.jpg

Would someone be kind enough to tell me who is offering a good decal kit for a 169. I was given the address of a man it Texas but I have lost it. Please email me direct if you can help.

Benjamin, Digger will answer your query shortly.

I like the edit feature, it can make one look clairvoyant........... :eek:)

(Message edited by kmcconaughey on April 22, 2004)

Ben J,
You would be better off ordering one from one of our sponsors but here's the answer to your question.

Tony Giletto of Maple-Hunter LGT Decals
PO Box 9891
College Station,
TX 77842
Phone: 979-693-3619
[email protected]

Roy,
what David said, 1/16" is no biggie. if you ever need to replace the PTO bearing, look for this one at NAPA for $10.98, a gear puller usually gets them off pretty easily.

18008.jpg

I'm working on my 782 and am having a bit of a problem with the starter. I put a new battery in and it fired the first few times and engaged fine. Now after the first few times it will spin freely but will not engage the flywheel. It has not been started for a few years. Could the rust build up on inside of drive pinion cause the starter not to engage?? I inspected the starter after all of this happened and it looks to be in pretty good shape. Could I remove the unit and give it a good cleaning around shaft and pinion?Thanks in advance!
Terry

Terry G.
I had problems with my 782 starter engaging and followed advice to spray it with Teflon Dry Lubricant (TDL) made by the company that makes PB Blaster. I have not had any more problems with the starter.

Its the can on the left.

18010.jpg

I have used this TDL on many things and really like it, works especially good on door locks. The can on the right is made for garage doors and works good for that also. I was not able to find it here in Arizona at the places that normally carry PB Blaster so called the company and they told me I could find it here at PEP boys.

(Message edited by RChristensen on April 22, 2004)

Richard,
Thanks for the advise! Will try using that stuff if I can find it here in Illinois.
Terry

Jonathat "L",
Funny that you mention the "ME". I think my computer w/M.E. has just about had it. Don't work worth a s--t right now. Locks up, can't connect, files are missing all over the place, bla, bla, bla!!!8-(. I'm posting from the library now, that sux, no Geezes Lounge for a while I guess.

Looks like the s--t is going to hit the fan at work very, very soon. Going to cut into the Cub "Fun" in a big way, and I'll have to thin out the heard for the time being.

Tom - don't do it ! (not yet - wait 'til I get some $$) I've got an ME in the house , wonder why I'm always on the 98 in da shack ?? That ME may get down graded yet ... but I HATE HP's ! I have a good computer tool I'll loan ya ;) You're not missing anything in the Garage.

Ken,
As I said before, "You 'Da man" in the garage. Dell is looking pretty good right about now, in fact two tin cans and a string might even work!

Nate F-
I checked out the Kohler con rod drawing today, they DID use both flat washers and lock washers.

Wyatt - You must have a pretty good on-line Library there. I know the little K-181 I pulled apart had the steel stamping You bent the tabs over on the hex of the cap screws on. I couldn't remember is the K-321 had flat & lock washers or not. A hard lock washer could sure wreak havoc on a soft alum. rod.

Denny-
Speaking of things I found, two things confused me today, a 45-067-22 rod was listed specifically for a 16hp engine, and I found a blower fan that looks like it could be used for cooling with a billet flywheel, dunno if it'd work or not. Didn't find a Kohler part number for it though.

Looks like a new twin coil is kinda pricy, and I'm not sure that's the problem.
poof.gif

Wyatt,
thanks for checking that out, this is definitely the oldest K series i've pulled apart (1968 i think) i'm more used to seeing this arrangement...

18013.jpg

this block never had balance gears either, which saves me some work taking them out.

All loaded up for WFM day tomorrow!
18015.jpg

Looks like we got three different colors on the trailer this time!

Art - Looks like you're a rainbow of color!! Where is the Plow Special in that pic??

See ya Friday Night.

(Message edited by hsimon on April 22, 2004)

Bryan -- I'd do "it" to Art just because it's on there !!

Shame on you Art for thinking you can sneak one in !
I hope you rip your pants out and have to sit on that thing all day ;)

Back