• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 20, 2019

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone have a pic of how they used a motor on the tilt of the snow blower chute. Even a pic of the cable using a handle. It shouldn't be that difficult but a pic would be nice.
Thanks
Earl L

It seems the rpms on my 100 are just a bit low at full throttle than they should be. I'm guessing this can be adjusted by a turn of a screw but I don't want to make things worse. Wondering which screw should be turned which way?

325282.jpg

I must set the hydrostatic "Lift Height Indicator" to almost #4, in order to raise the mower deck to 3 inches. Can the "Lift Height Indicator" be manually adjusted, or physically moved, to more accurately indicate the actual measured height of the mower deck?

Steve- None of the above. The screw on the left is high speed mixture, center is idle speed, and lright is idle mixture. High engine speed is adjusted by moving an “L” shaped bracket on the lever below the carb where the cable attaches. See page 1-7 of the 1X2 1X3 Service manual.

Steve S.- Full throttle rpm is set by adjusting the governor not at the carb. Only the low idle speed is adjusted at the carb. Check the manual for the procedure to adjust the max speed.

edit- Doug beat me
feint.gif

Doug and Ed...Thanks for chiming in. I'll check the manual for governor adjustment but I'm wondering if this is best left to an expert? The engine runs okay as is but it needs to be tweaked a bit and I don't want to mess it up.

Steve- It's something you can do but you really need a tachometer to set it correctly so you don't overspeed the engine.

According to the FAQs, there is a capscrew on the governor high speed bracket. Apparently I should loosen that capscrew, adjust the bracket until desired rpms at high throttle are reached, then tighten the screw. Confirmation of this would be appreciated. I don't have a tach but I can be extra careful not to set it too high.

Doug A...Thanks. I think just tightening the capscrew may have helped--we'll see. It wasn't completely tight.

Looking for a little help with a 1250 Quiet line Cub. The trouble is with the engine. I can start the engine engage the mower deck and let it sit in place and it will run fine but, I start mowing and after driving about 60 feet the engine will sputter then just shut down. I can restart the engine right away, but when mowing it will still shut down. I have replaced the points and condenser and it is still doing the same thing. Please email me at the address in my profile. Any help would be appreciated.
Thank You

David W.
If you can start it right up, it sounds like a fuel issue. Check the fuel filter and also the screen inside the tank shutoff. It's rare, but I have seen gas gauges plug up the vent hole in them.
Might be a sticking float in the carb.

Carb has been cleaned and rebuilt, fuel filter is new and spark plug replaced. Vent hole in gas cap is clear also. I know the older "K Series" engines had issues with valves needing adjustment. Could this be my issue? Needs valve adjustment?

On my 129, how tight should the trans suction tube nut be? Not talking about the flare nut directly below the filter, but the other one - underneath.

I took this thing apart months ago as part of a cork gasket replacement, and now don't recall how tight it was. I'm using a pretty decent-sized 7/8 open end on it and it's at the point now where it's pretty snug - don't want to over tighten or break it! Thanks....

Keith....
Just snug is good. You don't need to reef on it !

Gerry...thanks. I presume the same for the flare nut on the other end? Had a question too about putting on a new filter. I always forget...my dealer said to fill it part way with fluid, let it sit for awhile and then the elements inside will absorb most of that (?) Then ready to screw it on...does this sound right? Currently the trans is empty due to having replaced the cork gasket.

Back