• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 20, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was around here back then too, I remember the banner, not the tractor.
What are people thinking about for the 50th.?

hopefully nothing like that! i think that thing is but ugly!

Dave,
I'm thinking we might see another, current, Cub painted up like that 40th anniversary tractor, but with 50th Anniversary decals.

Matt S.,
It's just a 3000 series Cub - basically the same as the 2009's. I do think they look better than the plastic hoods 1000 series or even the GT2500 series that Cub sells now, jmho.

i would be more than happy if they made it look something like ANY IH tractor, recreating an 82 series or any wide frame shouldnt be too hard!

no no! there aerodynamic!
clappy.gif

OK it took some digging but this is what I read
Quote from Gene P :

IHC Chapter #30 and predident Dave Daugherty will be celebrating the 50th anniversary of the cub cadet at the old Frank Bartlow IH Dealership prototype building in Millville Pa, Oct 1 weekend 2011

I know this may not be MTD but it is a celebration

I would prefer it to look like the the older cubs from the 1960's - early 1970's. I like the look of the 70-73 and 100, but I also like the blure pinstripe decals like the 1x4/1x5 series. It also should be a gear drive. just my 0.02

JOSH - ALL of Us here like the 1X4/1X5 series, some are just to bashful to admit it!
Slant%20Tongue.gif

Matt: I'll vote for your gear drive in 2011 if you vote for a hydro in 2017:
181820.jpg

I'd vote for a return to the Super GT line, with these remaining in the lineup beyond the anniversary. Add in a Yanmar diesel as well as some good gas engines and build these on the old SGT frames; good enough from 1980 to 1997, good enough for the 21st century!
And pu-lease make it look like they did back then, do not use the current "areodynamic" look. That 1000, 3000 series look is so "Rosie O'Donnell" while the 1772 etc were so Elle Macpherson! That's beauty!

Rick beem,
I would hope that "they" troll this forum and this thread.
greenthumb.gif

I "hope" everybody writes, I did.

Alot of companies are consumer driven more than we probably realize. Looking at the trends in automotive design leaning towards the retro / muscle car look. Yard and garden / farm products usually trail the other industries in design. Look at the new Ford 8N looking compact tractor.NOW...is the time for <u>US</u> to give this company <u>our</u> input as much as we can as consumers to airm the look and function of their future product as well as any 50th anniversary activities.

Granted, not that many of us are going to head out and buy a new Cub Cadet, but how sweet it would be for MTD to revisit the roots of this fine machine and see the value and durabitity that seems to have slipped away.
Who wants a garden tractor that looks like it was designed in a wind tunnel anyway?

I do hope they troll here too, but hope doesn't get things done. Please write. That's all I'm saying.

OH they do see this thread.
But the thing is, the design for the 50th tractor was decided on over 3 years ago and nothing will change what they have planned.
And no, I don't know what it's gonna be. I knew not to ask, as I knew they wouldn't tell.
clappy.gif

Respectfully, I will disagree with you Charlie.

With the current design software engineers 3 years is like 10 years in terms of design. The consumer driven market does not allow for that kind of lag.
No one is that far back with designs in any industry that I am familiar with

Our input can make a difference. Our voices should be heard. I'm not by any means trying to argue with any thing said. It just seems like we're on the side lines instead of on the field.

So if MTD is listening...I'd like an updated version of the 169 please...or a Diesel Original....or...or...

Latest posts

Back