• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 20, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmburge

displayname
jason m burge
oops! sorry about that Keith L. I was replying to your post, not ken's

Welp, I'd say it's safe to say the celebration won't be at the Brownsville, TN plant. MTD announced the closing of this facility and will move production to other plants in the system.

Is there anything at all actually in the works for this? I for one would need lots of advance notice to attend.
What time of year? What year? What state?

Anyone? Anyone? MTD where are you? Case IH where are you? Ertl where are you?

lets get this train rolling again... we need some better ideas! lets hear em!

I agree, but how?
1a_scratchhead.gif

I'd still like to go here:
179325.jpg

Which led to here:
179326.jpg

Which should go to here:
179327.jpg

But this would be acceptable:
179328.jpg

And I have my favorite dog's authority to post this.
179329.jpg

Frank A. Currier, What model number would you call the tractor in the last picture? you've got 3 or 4 different styles clashing there
rofl.gif

i know what you would call it... <font size="+2">Sweet!</font>

Josh Ott (Jott),

How about a 50 series. The first one or two numbers show hp and the 50 shows its a 50th anniversary model.

A 12350: I could live with that!
179727.jpg

Might even think of mortgaging the Woodlot to buy one.
Jeanne says:
bottom.gif

Frank A. Currier,
Or the "L" series. L123 or 123L. "L" = 50 in Roman numerals.
coffee.gif

Yuck!
Putting an L in the model name makes it sound like a Lawn Tractor or a JD POS lawn mower.

Since everyone wants environmentally friendly, they should come out with a Hybrid or a clean diesel in a gear drive.

NO HYDROS! i would love to see a good ol Cub rear end in a new tractor... those box store people would be blown away with how over built it would be!

What we will probably get is a different paint scheme and a calender!

Asking for a OCC remake is probably asking too much, but I would be totally happy with a nice die cast model of one.

Randy

diesel, 4wd, locking rear diff, gear cast trans, sealed beam headlights, creeper gear, rear independent pto,plenty of attachments - - and looks like an original or 100.

Has anybody heard anything lately if MTD is doing anything for the 50th anniversary?

I realize a special edition anything more than decals or paint is unlikely. But a special show or anyhing like say at RPRU could still be possible.

Mabey it's hard for a company to get excited about a 50 year aniversary when they have only had the line for 26 or 27 years. Not owning the name on every tractor built might make us the unwanted step child. RPU might be the best bet.
At the mopar nationals they always have a special place in the car corral for cars they featcher. I think they are the models that turn 25 that year. These are invitation only spots and the difference with them is, usually at a car show the history of the car itself is the topic, or the build. Here the history of the model is addressed. there are seminars with line workers or even designers give talks, answer questions. These are all set up by individuals not the parent compamy, There just isn't any real money in it for them past name recognition.

I read somewhere that one of the IH chaptrers was taking the bull by the horns and haveing something.( searched but havn't found the post yet) I too would sure like to know cause it requires a bit more planning if coming from the west coast.( you know 7mph X 12 hrs a day=84 miles a day is gonna take me a bit )

Latest posts

Back